Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Double Aisle?!

So the church we're getting married in has a double aisle - pews on the left, then an aisle next to them, pews in the center, aisle to the right of that, and pews on the right.  So I'm guessing that I walk up the left and down the right at the end.  Has anyone else had this setup?  I'm kind of sad about the no center aisle thing, but imagine I will get over it.

Re: Double Aisle?!

• Options
    I would do exactly as you said.  It won't be a big deal.  Just make sure that the photographer is aware of the situation and your plans so you will be photographed well.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    That's how I've seen it done when there is no center aisle. 
  • Options
    Be sure your photographer (and videographer if you have one) attend your rehearsal if they've never done a wedding with that setup.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I was married in a double aisle church. The brides/bridesmaid always enter on the left aisle and the bridal party exits on the right aisle.  The bride's family and friends sit on either side of the left aisle. The grooms family/friends sit on either side of the right aisle.  this does put them together in the center section but the pews are so long, there is plenty of room for the  bride's mom/dad and groom's mom/dad in the front pew together ,etc.

• Options
    That's how the church I'll be getting married in is set up as well and I'll be doing the same thing (in on the left and out on the right). It's also convenient that the door to the rooms where I'll be getting ready are at the back of the left aisle :-)
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart
    BFP #1 12/13/08 - mc 12/26/08
    BFP #2 12/2/09 - emergency surgery for ectopic 12/5/09

Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options

Our rain location has this set-up. The wedding coordinator suggested guys walk up one side and girls walk up the other. My Dad would walk me down the girls' side. Afterwards, we'd all pair up (BMs and GMs too) and walk in pairs down one aisle.

• Options
    Someone once described this to me as you are walking down the left aisle single, and leaving down the right aisle married. Two different roads.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_double-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:209f198d-d9cf-436c-8997-89a50f53094bPost:0fcadd44-a2c0-464c-ad58-3f52f32dd128">Re: Double Aisle?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Someone once described this to me as you are walking down the left aisle single, and leaving down the right aisle married. Two different roads.
    Posted by a.manda[/QUOTE]

This. 

Personally, the single isle weddings I have been to seem, awkward.....but I guess I'm just so used to churches with double isles that my mind has that as the norm.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards