Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Programs

I maybe crazy but what is the deal with programs?

At this point, I am changing a lot "traditional" stuff into not needs for my wedding based on my life as of now... but whats the point of a program?

Anyone explain this to me?

Getting Hitches 08/09/2014

Re: Programs

• Options
    Most programs list the order of the ceremony, and then the wedding party members and sometimes parents and grandparents. 

They aren't required, so it's up to you if you'd like to have them.
  • Options
    I got programs as a keepsake for peole who wanted them, and as a keepsake for myself.

That and they made for pretty pictures, and I chose a program that was printed on a fan, so if guests were hot, they could use it to fan themselves.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    SKPMSKPM member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited October 2012
    We had wanted to mention our BP members by name, either in a written program or by having the DJ verbally introduce them into the reception right before us. We opted not to have any introductions except for the two of us, so I bought program paper at Staples for about twenty dollars and printed them at home. I was never all that into programs in the first place, but I think they came out pretty decently.

photo fancy-as-fuck.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the idea. I found one on Pinetrest I like a lot. It is a pic of us on one side and the program on the back and it has a handle so it can be used as a fan as well. I know how to make those so Im  going to do that... Living in Fl, a fan always helps even if im not having an outdoor wedding. I wasnt a fan of the programs till I saw that

Thank you for the advice!!

Getting Hitches 08/09/2014

• Options
    A program is not required, but it is useful for:

1) Indicating who is playing what role in the ceremony
    2) Detailing any customs, traditions, etc. that may not be familiar to large numbers of the guests (especially useful when one's wedding is not "mainstream")
    3) Memorializing deceased loved ones

I'm sure there are others as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards