Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

DIY Pocketfold help!!!

I printed my invitations on standard 8.5 x 11 paper, cut in half so I got 2 invitations per page.The invitations are now 8.5 x 5.5.  I have outer envelopes that are 6x9. I really wanted to use pocket folds as the 'inner' envelope but I am so confused by the sizes I find on line. Has anyone used a pocket fold with an invitation that is 8.5 x 5.5? I dont care if there is a border around the invitation if I glue it to the pocket fold. I just want to know if it will fit???All the sites I have checked offer the invitation sizes that are smaller than what I already have!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Any suggestions with help this stressed bride! Thanks Knotties!

Re: DIY Pocketfold help!!!

• Options
    Are you making your pocketfolds or buying? And what style do you want?

You could easily make an 8.5x5.5 panel/kangaroo pocket fold (I have directions in my bio).

Typically you would whats going in your envelope to be 1/4" smaller than the envelope; so the biggest you'd want your pocketfold to be is 8.75"x 5.75".
  • Options
    first you need to see if there is a pocket fold that fits the envelopes you already have.  I know there's PF out there that will fit.  Then you need to fit your 8.5 x 5.5 within the dimenstions of the PF.  Without seeing your invitation I can't say if trimming them would be the easy solution or not.  Good luck and best wishes
    Nicole - A Southard Design
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards