Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Jenn (Hey-its)

Quitting for real?  Do you have anything lined up or are you just completely fed up?

Re: Jenn (Hey-its)

• Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Quitting for real.  I sent out a bunch of resumes last night and I've had my resume posted on Monster for a while but not really aggressively looking. But I've had enough today.  Working with family is utterly impossible and I honestly cannot take it anymore.  If my Grandfather wasn't my boss, I would really enjoy my job but I just can't deal with him. 

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    **Butting in**WOWZA! But, good for you!
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck finding something that will make you happier!

Vacation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I do find comfort in knowing that I'm the only family member that he hasn't fired..... yet. haha.  He's fired his son and daughter (my uncle and mom), his brother, my dad and my brother.

Married 9/19/09

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I don't blame you. Many job hunting vibes your way!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry it's so stressful--I do get what you're saying though.  We run a program on Family Businesses and you would be in good company hearing all the things I hear from the various family members.  The program is good because we force them to sit down and work out issues for the good of the business.  But usually the week starts out with everyone being afraid to tell the patriarch/matriarch what they are feeling/thinking.Good luck on the job leads and many vibes to finding something soon!
  • Options
    AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good for you Jen!  I couldn't work for my family, they'd drive me NUTS!
  • Options
    lildiva1977lildiva1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck Jenn--let me know what you are looking for and I can send some stuff your way!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wows. Gpa isn't messing around. Good luck finding something. We want Jenn to be :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG Jenn! Good luck on the job search.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good for you!  I hope you find something that you love doing just as much.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    oh wow.  Good luck job hunting! Is your Gpa going to be p!ssed? Are you going to quit before you find something, or wait?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! Danielle - I'll probably shoot you an email tonight/tomorrow - thank you! I plan on turning in my 2 weeks notice by Thursday.  But if I know my Grandfather, he won't let me work the 2 weeks. He'll probably let me finish up Friday and then I'll be done.  And DH is 100% behind me on this - which feels so nice!!  So he's currently at home searching monster.com right now for me :)

Married 9/19/09

• Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    I can't even live within 400 miles near my family more or less work for them. Do what makes you happy! GL!
    image.
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow Jenn, good for you!  I know you will find something awesome that also causes you much less stress.  Vibes for a quick and easy job search!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    Er&JerLemEr&JerLem member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good for you, and Good Luck!!  I'm looking at jobs every day, so if you want to give me an idea of what you're looking for, I can definitely keep an eye out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck!  And if you do get to have 2 weeks off between jobs I hope you're able to enjoy them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hear you on this one!  FI quit his job about 3 weeks ago because it was just too stressful.  It just isn't worth it if it's causing you that much stress, and I'm sure you'll find something else soon! He hasn't found anything else yet, but he's into antiques and has been buying and selling them and making some money to fill in the time.  I guess if there's something like that you can do in the meantime, go for it! I'm glad your DH is being supportive, that's the most important thing:-)  Good luck on your job search!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG! I feel bad I kept clicking on like, 3 posts today instead of looking at all of them!Anyway, that's huge news! Good luck! And hey, email me with your career area and let me know if you need a resume critique, k?
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards