Saturday, the twenty-seventh of July
two thousand thirteen
at six o'clock in the evening
Venue Name
100 Street Name
City, State
Reception to follow

A couple other nitpicky questions...
1. I'm having our return address printed on the outer envelope. We don't put any name there, right? 
2. Does the state get spelled out on the outer envelope?
3. Should I put just my name on the response card envelope or both of our names? (We live together). And should it be my "real" name, or the name I go by? (Ie, if my name was Jennifer, do I put that or Jen?)

TIA!

Re: Please proofread

• Sassenach1743Sassenach1743 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Wording looks good, except:
    Just put six o'clock (no need for "at" nor "in the evening" as no one will mistake this for six in the morning)

1. Correct. No name on your return address. Just the address itself with the state spelled out.
    2. Yes, the state gets spelled out (on all addresses; invitations, return addresses, response cards, thank you notes). As do streets, avenues, boulevards, etc. No abbreviations.
    3. You should put, Your last name / His last name Wedding, on your response card envelopes. This will eliminate the second part of your question about your name vs. your nick name. It also deems the fact that you live together, or not, irrelevant. So it should look like this...

Example:
    Jones / Smith Wedding
    1023 Main Street
    Los Angeles, California 90032

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_please-proofread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:d53bef87-5cd9-4181-b7dc-7dc82969ab70Post:d2877a46-d812-4938-b68a-2f7a9c0e27e7">Re: Please proofread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wording looks good, except: Just put six o'clock (no need for "at" nor "in the evening" as no one will mistake this for six in the morning) 1. Correct. No name on your return address. Just the address itself with the state spelled out. 2. Yes, the state gets spelled out (on all addresses; invitations, return addresses, response cards, thank you notes). As do streets, avenues, boulevards, etc. No abbreviations. 3. <strong>You should put, Your last name / His last name Wedding, on your response card envelopes. </strong>This will eliminate the second part of your question about your name vs. your nick name. It also deems the fact that you live together, or not, irrelevant. So it should look like this... Example: Jones / Smith Wedding 1023 Main Street Los Angeles, California 90032
    Posted by brita722[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Ah ok, I didn't think of that. Ugh...our last names rhyme and sound really goofy together. I can't wait until we're married so I don't have to hear the combination anymore! </div><div>
    </div><div>Thank you so much for the input! Going to fix "in the evening" now...

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_please-proofread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:d53bef87-5cd9-4181-b7dc-7dc82969ab70Post:2cbdf2b8-1c36-4c82-9c84-9ebde4050291">Re: Please proofread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just a few tweeks: Together with their families Bride (First Middle Last) and Groom (First Middle Last) request the pleasure of your company as they are united in marriage Saturday, the twenty-seventh of July two thousand thirteen  six o'clock Venue Name 100 Street Name City, State Reception to follow
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

<div>Perfect, thanks!</div>
  • Invites are ordered! I'm so nervous because I didn't get a second opinion (other than my FI's, but he was just yessing me at that point), but I can't wait to get them.

BTW thank you again for proofing the wording. I had a 15 minute orgument with my mom because she insisted they should say, "Bride and Groom, together with their parents, request the pleasure of your company..." She didn't want to hear that that is imporoper AND just grammatically wrong. Thankfully I was able to stand my ground knowing you ladies approved of the way I worded it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards