Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Update: DH Interview

Is STILL going on! He had a 9:30 interview with the general manager of the location he applied to (who would be his boss), and apparently now he's meeting with the regional manager, and then they want him to take some sort of test on how suited he is to HR management/people management. Holy long interview process! He's not sure when he'll be finished. I guess long = good though, right?

Re: Update: DH Interview

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's fantastic!  They certainly wouldn't be doing all this if they didn't like him!  Good for him!
  • Options
    Er&JerLemEr&JerLem member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow - they are thorough.  But long is usually good.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think long interview is a good sign, but holy moly - they'll certainly know everything about him I hope after this one.  More vibes!  
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Woo hoo Jenn! That is definitely a good sign!!! Lots and lots of good vibes that he gets the offer soon! :-D

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    pinksonyapinksonya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow, thats crazy! I would think the longer the better, though. They seem to really like him!  Does he have a degree related to fitness, or will he just be doing managerial work?  Just curious because I'll be venturing into the fitness world in less than 2 months.
  • Options
    New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He's got a BA and MA in Exercise Science, a CSCS certification, and plans to go back to school for a PHD in Physical Therapy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Long is good!  :)  GL, B!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's great!  What has he done up until this point?  I'm graduating with a degree in Exercise Physiology, and I have no idea what I want to do with myself yet.  I hope he lands this position!  It sounds great!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To date, he's managed an entire gym, that gym unexpectedly closed last year, and he's been a personal trainer for the past year (which he *hates). He's figured out that he doesn't want to be in the gym industry forever, so that's what promted him to announce he wants his DPT. However, financially, we need him to continue to work/save before he can take 2 years off of working to go back to school full time!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Anything yet??And E - "But long is usually good." = TWSS
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nothing yet Molly! And you know I am not the patient type. I am afraid to call and check, just in case he's still talking and it's a distraction or something.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't blame him for not wanting to work in a gym forever.  I'm hoping to find something in more of an educational setting.  Thanks for sharing all of the details.  Can't wait to hear how it turns out!  
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When he graduated, he really wanted to get a sports-conditioning related position, but that's pretty hard to break into in such a sports-centered town! And we don't want to be come the coach's family that changes colleges/moves every year, yanno? (LMAO - haven't used that word in forever! Brownie points for anyone who remembers the knottie that came up with that!)So anyhow, he's decided a DPT is the route he wants to go - he wants to own his own PT facility someday waaaay down the road
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, not calling is probably the way to go. :P I don't know the knottie origin of 'yanno'. Bummer! I sooo hoep that it happens for Bernie. He is SO good at what he does.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hope he's able to go back to school soon.  Any way he could start part time in the near future?  Maybe he should look into applying for the fall semester next year.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Molly - I just called. And then I felt put out that he didn't pick up :PYanno came from our dear jmrossi/ms2mrs/mcst8k, whatever her name is. And B also offered to clear his schedule if you want sessions to fix your back :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sonya, he looked, but DPT program seem to only come in full time, year round increments :( I know that since the Pysical Therapy standards moved from Masters to a Doctorate program, they added new pre-reqs, and he can get started on the undergrad pre-reqs that he now needs (I think he actually needs a zoology course, lol). But he needs to get settled into a job where he's not working 15 hour days before he can even do that:sigh::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha. You called. :P  Don't feel put out. He's gettin' a job, girl! Um, hmm, does helping me with my back mean making me work out so hard that I can't recall my own name?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I believe that's what he meant by helping with your back. I've never seen him let anyone off with a light workout!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tell him that I'll let him know how PT goes and if I need that workout, I'll be in touch. But I wouldn't hold my breath if I were him. :P Seriuosly, he was/is a great trainer. I am just such a wuss. I am convinced that if he were still my trainer that I could lift probably about 400 lbs by now. With one arm.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah well, there's a reason I don't let me train me anymore either - I just can't take that kind of a workout from someone I expect to be my sympathy source, not a critic. Nor do I ever want him to do a body fat analysis on me - I need those suckers to be anonymous (my own personal hangup)!
  • Options
    lildiva1977lildiva1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    New--continued vibes for B---btw--he trained me a few times when I joined--but I couldn't go back because of my shoulder injury--such a nice guy!!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Waahaaa! I haven't heard back yet, and I'm going into a meeting for the next hour. I want an update from DH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards