Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Invites for under $2 a piece?

I need some help figuring out my invitation situation, please. I've been stuck on this idea for a while.  My sister has designed my invitation and its enclosures (postcard RSVP, 2 sided postcard with map/accommodations, and possibly for a rehearsal dinner RSVP for some).  I am open to printing them myself, but am not sure how this would turn out.  I did a few test runs on my printer today and it did fine with an 80lb card stock, but nothing heavier.  

I figure I need some card stock to print everything on (a white or ivory color), an outer envelope, and if I could afford it a pocket fold or marsupial pouch.  My colors are turquoise, clover, and coral/peach.  The outer envelope should probably be a lighter color because I plan to print the addresses on them using my printer.  

How do I choose all of this?  What's a good price for these items?  I've looked at Cards and Pockets, Paper and More, and a local paper shop.  I just don't know what's a good deal.  I think about ordering samples, but get overwhelmed with what I want to consider because I don't want to pay for tons of samples of things that I can't afford, in the end.

Any suggestions or guidance?  (Sorry for the long-winded post)  TIA!

Re: Invites for under $2 a piece?

• Options
    Love your colors, first of all.

Secondly, you can find invitation paper & such at Target sometimes, or Michaels or a Craft store. They usually have some cute kits. There's also a budget friendly website I came across that has blank invitations, envelopes, etc. called Waste Not Paper: http://wastenotpaper.com/cgi-bin/waste/index.html

You could also just get the paper at paper-papers.com and do some cutting & cropping & such. I'd suggest getting a straight paper cutter though, if  you choose this route.

Also, cardsandpockets.com has a lot of paper & kits to buy. :) Hope I helped!
  • Options
    Thanks for the ideas.  I'm a teacher and plan to cut my paper using the paper cutter at school.  I've seen some of the kit you've mentioned in craft stores, but would like my envelope to be a bright color (turquoise or clover) since my paper is "plain."  Most of the kits at Michael's seem to be traditional colors.  I also think if I can't afford a pocketfold, that I would have to mat my invitation (which sounds like a lot of work!).  Right now the invite is 5"x7", but my sister can adjust.  But, it is just a flat card.  Thanks for letting me know which pocketfold you order, savethebeach.  It's good to know it's doable for $2.  

I'm headed to work, but will check back later.  Thanks again for the help!
  • Options
    i don't know if you're even close to one or not but I got my invitations and save the dates made at minutemen press. For 125 color  save the dates and 200 invitations envelopes and return addressed RSVP cards it was around 200 dollars.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards