Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

invites with a "theme"

I thought invitations would be a fairly simple matter, but for some reason we just can't seem to settle on what we really want.

The trouble is that I am attracted to many different styles, some of which are really "us" and others that are elegant, beautiful, interesting, "different", or otherwise striking, but may or may not really represent us and our style. The fact that my parents are giving us this wedding is confusing too - the invitation will be from them, and therefore it might look weird to do something very quirky or unusual.

I started off thinking that we would just do plain, classic, understated invites with maybe a little border or embellishment. But I was bored with everything I saw, and felt that that piece of paper could be from anyone's wedding. There was nothing to make it "ours".

Then I looked at invites with a little floral border, monograms, etc. and that seemed better. But still not personal enough to us.

Now I've gone off the rails completely and I'm looking at really elaborate invites. My FI is a writer and we both love books, so these two really appealed to us:

What to do???
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards