Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Aloha and back as Mrs. W

It is 5:45 a.m. and I can't sleep anymore.  My throat is very sore from being up all night coughing.  Now that I am up, I'll give you a quick recap of my wedding.EVERYTHING went almost perfect...Friday's rain with Pitt's homecoming and parents weekend made it hard to find transportation and navigate around Oakland!Saturday - was so amazing (and fast).  Our ceremony started at 12:30 and it was over by 1:10.  It was so muggy in the Heinz Chapel that DH was dabbing the sweat off of his brow the entire time.  I put his ring on the wrong hand (does that make my wedding INVALID?).  But the ceremony was great and there wasn't a dry eye in the place!!Then it was off to take pictures at the columns and West End Overlook.  It was freezing but from our slideshow that Jenni Grace already sent us, the overcast skys make for beautiful pictures.Soldiers & Sailors gave us some real headaches over the past few months but with that said, the venue was so beautiful and everybody loved how elegant the place looked.  Our food (catered by the Fluted Mushroom) was amazing (Jbean can vouch for that).  The drinks for flowing heavily that night, our DJ (Andy Booth) exploded the dance floor with many great tunes.  The night ended about 10:00 a.m.. I had a breakdown from SIL and ML trying to control the situation that made me angry.  All in all it was a wonderful day, I had so much fun on my wedding, I danced, I hung out with my family and friends, people kept coming up to me and saying that it was "hands down the most wonderful wedding that they have ever been too".  Our photographer (Jenni Grace) is amazing and capactured the entire day.  I'll give my vendor review within the next few days, I'm off to get ready to visit the eastside of Kauai.  If anyone is interested in seeing our photo slideshow, just shoot me an email at cobrien1976 at yahoo dot com.-Mahalo

Re: Aloha and back as Mrs. W

• Options
    edited December 2011
    COngrats MRS!  Sounds like you had a great day.  Can't wait to see the pictures:-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Cheryl!  I'm glad everything was just about perfect!!  I saw your pics on facebook, you looked beautiful!!  Congrats and enjoy the rest of your honeymoon!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back!  Congrats and it sounds like you had a beautiful wedding!
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAY, congratulations, Mrs. :)  Emailing you for the slide show now!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Glad everything went well!I also put the ring on the wrong finger, but I corrected myself before I said the ring words. It made for some very funny photos of me realizing the mistake. I think your wedding is still valid!
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats to you both!  So happy to hear that the day went well!  And, OMG - go enjoy Hawaii!  Feel better!YGM!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  Glad you had a wonderful day! Can't wait to see picsEnjoy the rest of the honeymoon!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!! It sounds wonderful, and I cannot wait to see photos. I'll email you in a sec...Hope your sore throat goes away, and you have a fabulous day exploring Kauai!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats ~ Happy to hear everything went well!Enjoy your HM! I might have to pick your brain when you return. FI wants to go there for our HM.
    image.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL, N, I tried to do the "father, son, holy ghost" thing where you touch the different fingers but apparently DH and the priest thought I was about to put it on the wrong finger and I think there's a pic of our priest pointing at DH's ring finger...at the very least you can see them laugh at my fumbling in the video. I'm looking forward to the slideshow too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats mrs!!! how exciting gad your day went well.
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations Mrs.!  :)The wedding sounds fabulous! (Sorry for the IL drama.)I just emailed you, I would love to see the photo slideshow.
  • Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats hun!! I've seen some FB pictures and they look ah-mazing! Have an awesome HM and get healthy quick!

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats, I'm so glad to hear everything went so well! :) Enjoy the rest of your HM!

Vacation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and I can't wait to see pics! Glad your day was wonderful. Enjoy the rest of your HM.
    ME:44 MH:42 DE IVF 2013
    image Matrix image Ollie
  • Options
    jennybean2010jennybean2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol, cobrien i thought you put his ring on the wrong hand! i leaned over to FI and was like "dude isn't that the wrong hand?" but he doesn't know which hand is right anyways, and he was sick, so he had no idea what was going on. i forgot about that until i read your post! haha. you're invalid, now let's do it all over again!! ;) i'm so glad your day went well, despite some minor snafu's! pop some meds and enjoy hawaii!!
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad it went well, Mrs! Congrats!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards