Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Vistaprint Proofs

We are designing our own Save the Dates; they will be postcards. From what I've seen here, VIstaprint seems to be the best way to get these printed. For those who have used their site, is there a way to have them send a proof before the whole batch is printed? 

Are there other printing options people liked better than vistaprint for postcard STDs?

Thanks!

Re: Vistaprint Proofs

• Options
    I personally use overnightprints.com but that is purely because I have used them multiple times in the past and can trust their service/quality.
  • Options
    When you are uploading your design, etc.  There will be a button on the left side of the screen, near the continue (or next, etc) button.  You will check it off to have the proof sent to you.  I believe they just send you a PDF of the proof.  I used VP for our invitation suite, we also uploaded our own design.  Everything came in perfectly fine. 

If you are having a picture on the STD, then make the picture 4x the recommended resolution.  VP will shrink the image, so it will be very crisp and clear. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_vistaprint-proofs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:e287093c-cfb5-4a6f-b1d1-bca3ffa688c4Post:9d3fac93-0b89-435c-b961-89fc7d93f8db">Re: Vistaprint Proofs</a>:
    [QUOTE]When you are uploading your design, etc.  There will be a button on the left side of the screen, near the continue (or next, etc) button.  You will check it off to have the proof sent to you.  I believe they just send you a PDF of the proof.  I used VP for our invitation suite, we also uploaded our own design.  Everything came in perfectly fine.  <strong>If you are having a picture on the STD, then make the picture 4x the recommended resolution.</strong>  VP will shrink the image, so it will be very crisp and clear. 
    Posted by OliveOilsMom[/QUOTE]
    It is imperative that you make the image 4x larger. It helps tremendously. I didn't do that for our STDs and they came out a touch blurry. Not a huge deal, but I made sure to do that for our invites which were super crisp.<div>
    </div><div>They send you a PDF as your proof & I believe there is a small charge.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards