Wedding Invitations & Paper

Handwriting Tips?

Hey all :]
I am in need of some handwriting tips for my invite envelopes. I want them to be a little neater than my normal handwriting. Calligraphy is out of the budget! I was thinking of printing the addresses out and then tracing them onto the envelope but not sure if this would work?
Any tips? TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Handwriting Tips?

• Honestly, your regular handwriting is best, unless it is AWFUL. You could try and trace, but when I do that, it looks shaky. You could also print directly onto the envelope if you're that worried about it (there are worse faux pas); just don't use labels. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Write them yourself, just take your time, use a good quality pen (I used one with a chisel point, so it still looked a little like calligraphy) and make sure you have several spare envelopes, you'll do fine :-)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_handwriting-tips?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:e5dc4a05-d606-4f8b-9bbd-51817da59192Post:3ea27a48-0ddb-45b3-8928-8a191a444950">Re: Handwriting Tips?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are using white or pastel unlined envelopes, you can insert a guide card - a file card with black lines drawn on it in black marker.  The black lines will show through the envelope, and you can use them to keep your lines straight and even.
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

This is  great idea!! Thank you for the tip! I can never keep my lines straight and that is what I was worried about, but this will def help! Thank you again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did the printing in light ink in a fine print and then copying wiht a nice pen.  I got lots of compliments on how nice my writing is!!!  I thought it turned out well, but I will say it took a lot of time (more than writing would have).
  • I used a handwriting font that I liked and printed all my addresses onto regular old computer paper, then cut each one out to use as templates.  I put that paper inside the envelope and using my iPad as a backlight, I traced them, then took out my template (don't forget that step!).  I used a calligraphy pen and they came out great.  They look handwritten, but they're also neat and perfectly spaced.  You could also print each one in a light font directly onto the envelope, but that was taking too much time for me to load each envelope into the printer.

A note about calligraphy pens, since they're only designed for down and right strokes, they take some practice.  I bought a $20 kit on amazon that came with pens and an instruction book.  I practiced for a few days before I started on my envelopes.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards