Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Matching STD and invitation???

So, I kind of really want to do magnet STDs with our E-pic on them but my Mom thinks that STDs should match the invitation and doesn't like the magnet idea. FI and I both really like that idea. Are they supposed to match? Are magnets tacky? What do you all think?

Re: Matching STD and invitation???

• Options
    As a guest, I would prefer to get a STD magnet.

The STD and Invites do NOT have to match. Some couples like to use the same color scheme or designs but it's not required.
  • Options
    FI and I are big fans of magnet STDs.  He commented the other day that if it's not a magnet, he still has to use a magnet to stick it to the fridge. 

I don't think they have to match either.  If you know theme/color scheme of the wedding, they can coordinate that way.  If you don't, I don't think it's a big deal.  Most likely no one is going to notice except you. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    204 Invited image
    7 Ready to Celebrate! image
    1 Going to Miss The Fun image
    196 Making Us Wait image *RSVP Date April 25*
  • Options
    They don't need to match.
  • Options
    We did a magnet and got tons of compliments from everyone!  My mom doesn't like STDs and I'm sure if I'd asked her she'd have thought the magnet was a bad idea.... yet it's clinging to her fridge right now and she even showed it off to all her friends!!
    Our doesn't match our invitations either as we picked a stock design for the magnet but have super-formal invitation sets.  The magnet design does have a vintage-y feel, though.
    As a PP said, it's gonna go on the fridge anyways, right?  Making it a magnet makes it easier, more original, and very memorable. 
  • Options
    Ours matched, but that's only because by the time we sent out our STDs I was positive about my colors and overall feel.  I think STDs are the time to have fun and do whatever you want.  We didn't use magnets, but I love them.  A friend of ours got married 2 years ago and we still have it on our fridge :)
  • Options
    Our STDs didn't match our invitations, although the color schemes were compatible.  The STD magnets had a dark blue background, but my invitations were pale blue, white and gold.
  • Options
    They don't have to match.  Our STD though led to a Ben Franklin themed wedding where we used his quotes.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice ladies! I will try to convince her about the same color but magnets. I feel like no one cares enough to be like, "oh how gauche! These don't match"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I love magnet STD's. I used the same colors for the STD's and invites, but you don't have to.
  • Options
    We used magnets....nothing but raves! And people love that they don't have to keep up with yet another piece of paper to hold on to.
    And, not to be too prying...but are you paying for your STD's? I know we all want to make our parents(moms especially!) happy but in the end do what is best for the two of you. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards