Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

DIY Invitations

We are considering DIY invitations. Does anyone have any tips on how to do them? Are there programs you can buy for your computer with templates? Did you print them from home? Or go to a place like Kinkos to print them? 

Re: DIY Invitations

• Options
    I guess it depends on what type you are talking about

I purchased invitation kits from Michael's (they are also sold at Joann's, Hobby Lobby, and I've seen some at Office Max). The directions for how to print them were in the box. Many of the companies that make these have websites where you can go and find the templates that fit that particular invitation. I did my own on my home computer. My invitation kits had vellum overlays and I had no problems printing these.

Some people also want to do all the design themselves from start to finish, then buy the individual components separately and assemble them. I have no input on that.

It's a personal decision on what you want. Invitations were important to me only from the viewpoint I wanted something unique, but I got that with the kit I bought. Other people are more particular and want to design the entire set, which will cost more money.
  • Options
    unfortunately it seems like a lot, if not all, of the DIY kits I've seen at Michael's are larger than regulation postage size and would require more than just one stamp. if anyone knows differently, please let me know!

I'm thinking of doing mine from scratch. I just need to figure out where to buy pre-cut paper and I will either incorporate my design on the computer or use stamps. I'm still debating (unfortunately I need to make a decision very soon!)

good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I bought my desing from an Etsy shop for $10 

and then added pochettes, lace, and heart ribbon sliders myself. 
  • Options
    I found this website:

I was planning on buying the paper and envelopes from them, and then just using cardstock for the other parts of the invites.  I wanted to print everything myself so the fonts are all matching, and I don't spend a ton of money on everything if I were to buy online.
  • Options
    I am planning to DIY my invitations as well. I don't remember on which wedding blog I learned of Paper and More, but it is supposed to have good variety and affordable paper. Based on my quick comparison to Amazon, the price on Paper and More seem reasonable, and you can have them cut the paper to the size that you need.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards