Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

too many things in my invite

I'm lurking here trying to get a better idea of what I need to include and I'm really overwhelmed. 

The wedding invite - 
(still working on wording for the actual announcement part) 
Church Address
Date
Time

The reception card - 
Dinner and dancing to follow 
Venue Address

The direction card - 
Directions to the church. Reception directions will be on the back of the program. 

RSVP Card
Dinner is buffet so no need for meal options. 

Hotel card

That seems like a lot of stuff to shove in an envelope. We don't have a wedding website so there won't be information online. I THINK we're going to have a friend design the invites and get them printed through VP. We're hoping we can do the RSVPs and Hotel cards through VP as well. It still seems like a lot of...stuffing. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: too many things in my invite

• Options
    I feel like if it's organized in the envelope, having four enclosures isn't that bad. I did a pocketfold so am obviously biased to that format, but I have seen brides with just ribbon holding everything together that works out fine. Good luck :)
    image 312 Invited
    image 182 Are ready to party!
    image 127 Will be missing out!
    image 3 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you want to limit the amount of paper, print the directions and hotel information on the same card, front and back if you need to. Guests do appreciate knowing about hotel blocks. Directions are not as necessary, but if you want to include them go ahead.

For what it's worth, that's not too many enclosures at all. When you go to stuff the envelopes - the invitation goes on the bottom, and then it's largest to smallest, smallest on top. 
  • Options
    bridalmarchbridalmarch member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2012
    CMGr, my parents paid a little, his parents paid a little and are paying for the rehearsal, we are paying the bulk, and we have a daughter. We don't have a wedding website. I've never seen a good one and neither of us really feel like we need/want one. 

I know there is very specific wording for church weddings, but we are seeking to update it just a tad. Aside from the Catholic ceremony, very little about the wedding is traditional. We're doing a first look photo shoot prior to the ceremony, we aren't doing a bouquet or grater toss, we aren't doing a cake cutting, and we're going bowling after the reception is over. Just from lurking around, I know it won't be to your taste, but we're thinking about 

Together with our parents,
    we invite you to share our joy
    and support our love,
    as we exchange vows and
    celebrate our marriage.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bridalmarchbridalmarch member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2012
    I like that! I do want to keep celebration somewhere but maybe instead of "drinks and dancing" on the reception card I can put "celebration to follow" .

That actually brings up another question - our ceremony is at 2 and will probably be 40-45 minutes long. The reception technically starts at 3:30 and it's a 20-25 minute drive from the church. Can I still say to follow or do I need to specify 3:30? I've never known anyone to haul straight to the car after a ceremony. There's usually a lot of chatting and picture taking and "ok, so I'll follow you?" 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards