Wedding Invitations & Paper

Ok to send different invitations to family who are unlikely to come?

Let me preface with my fiancee and I are having to pay for the whole wedding ourselves.  We asked my family for a little help and were told to go to the justice of the peace.

My grandmother wants me to be sure to send an invitation to the multiple family members on her side because she is afraid they will talk about her if they don't get an invite.  She offered to pay for the diy kind of invitations, but I'm concerned that if I send them an invitation, they may show and then we wouldn't have the money to feed them. Plus, I think they might be offended if they see the "real" invitation everyone else would get.

Re: Ok to send different invitations to family who are unlikely to come?

• Absolutely do not send an invitation to anyone you don't actually want to come to the wedding, and everyone should get the same invitation. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • No.  Only send invitations to people you actually would like to attend-and send each of those people the same invitation.  If you don't want to invite all these people your grandmother wants you to send invitations to, don't do it-even if she's offering to pay for them.
  • I didn't think it was the greatest idea.  Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards