Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

STD Etiquette Question

I'm planning to include hotel information (name, address, phone number) for our two room blocks on the back of our STDs.  Should I also include pricing?

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
Vacation

Re: STD Etiquette Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't put the info on my STDs (space issue), but when I did list the hotel info anywhere, I did include pricing.  It's almost a way of reminding guests to mention they are in the block. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I felt weird including pricing on both the STDs and invites, but I put pricing on our website. In both places I wrote "For more information about hotel accommodations, directions and wedding events visit blank.com"
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a fan of pricing on STDs or invites.  I'd put it on your website.  Just my .02...I've seen it done both ways. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't put hotel info on the STD at all but did include our Web site and on there I had the info and the pricing. I got a really good rate at the Wyndham and I wanted the guests to know that in case they were comparing it to other hotels.

Vacation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't want to list the pricing on the STD, but we did say to ask for the "mylastname-hislastname wedding block discount". We did put the actual price on our wedding website.
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all!  I felt funny about putting pricing on the STDs too, but then the sample back that my stationer sent me had it on there.  I think I'll do as many of you suggested- just put hotel contact info on the STD, specify mentioning the LaFemme and L'Homme wedding when calling to book, and put a link to our website at the bottom.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One of the hotels we blocked at gave us information cards for our guests that included the price. I designed a similar card for the other hotel and also included pricing. We put these in the envelope with our STD magnets. I didn't feel comfortable putting pricing on the invitations, but I knew my OOT guests would want to know the price differences (we purposely chose hotels in different price ranges), so I think the STD is fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards