Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Need help with proper wording.

My FI and I have decided to elope when we go on a beach vacation that we have had planned for a while. We are wanting to do a reception 2 weeks after we get back. Here is the kicker. We go in 3 weeks. Reception will be in 5 weeks. The plan is to have a friend of mine mail off the invites to the reception the day we get married. Now to the questions.....

My Fiance doesn't use his legal name. He despises it. Is it OK to use the name he goes by on the invites? He uses a shortened version of his last name. (For example, if his last name was Johnson he would use John) I am afraid people won't know who he is with his legal name.

We are looking for fun wording for the reception invites. We are also using it to announce that we ran off and got married. Because we are not having a ceremony, we are going to do a casual, buffet food, drinks and dancing reception. Just want people to come and have a big party with us to celebrate. Any suggestions?

Re: Need help with proper wording.

• Options
    Because this is pretty casual, I think using his nickname is fine.

Susan Smith
    and
    "Mac" LeMaclin
    were married October 7 in St. Lucia

Please join them for a barbeque dinner with dancing
    Saturday, October 27
    at five o'clock
    Address

That's also really casual wording (no "the pleasure of your company is requested at a party celebrating the recent marriage of...") because I get the feeling that's what you're looking for.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards