Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

RSVP Cards?

Just wondering if it is still expected to do RSVP cards or if it is acceptable to just have guests RSVP via our wedding website? Just wondering your thoughts! Thanks!

Re: RSVP Cards?

• Options
    I personally like actual RSVP cards. You would still need to track non-RSVPers, people might still not respond on time, and I guess I just don't trust technology/websites to not screw something up. Some older guests may also not be comfortable using the computer to RSVP (I know my grandparents would have no idea what to do!)

So having said this, if you do want to do the website to save on paper, etc., I would still list a phone number guests could call to RSVP if they'd rather do it that way.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    I'm doing online RSVPs & including a phone number.  I see no reason why it's not acceptable & I'd rather put the $ spent on cards & postage towards the bar!

I put something similar to the following at the bottom of my reception cards

"Kindly reply by ______ by visiting (website address) or calling (phone number)."  

However, I did order 10 RSVP cards for the older people. 
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_rsvp-cards-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:f74cbffc-8f37-4f73-ac2f-7a7a6edf4528Post:e8d7802b-0e10-4f74-ae5a-464d89c8661c">Re: RSVP Cards?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm doing online RSVPs & including a phone number.  I see no reason why it's not acceptable & I'd rather put the $ spent on cards & postage towards the bar! I put something similar to the following at the bottom of my reception cards "Kindly reply by ______ by visiting (website address) or calling (phone number)."   However, I did order 10 RSVP cards for the older people. 
    Posted by tlgrantham[/QUOTE]

If you're going to do this, I definitely think the above is the best way. You should also know that it's still considered less formal than providing a stamped RSVP envelope.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    I was wondering the same thing. I like the ideaof adding that line. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards