Wedding Invitations & Paper

Postcard Stamps?

I went to the Post Office today to pick up stamps for our postcard STDs, and the woman who waited on me told me that there is only one design, and it just happens to be a Hawaiian shirt with "Aloha!" written on it. Now, I'm generally not picky, but that stamp doesn't really fit with what we are trying to do. Even a plain stamp would be nice. However, when I told her that I was going to look elsewhere, she said that there are no other designs.

Is this for real? We chose postcard STDs because we wanted to save money on postage, and with the number we are sending out it will be an extra $15 for $.45 stamps in a design of our choosing. It's not that much money, but it will have to come from somewhere else in our wedding budget. Surely there are other designs for the $.32 cent stamps out there, right? Did anyone else have this issue? Are there any other options (like printing the postage or something?)? Please let me know! I would have asked the woman at the PO but she was already being pushy when I declined to purchase the stamps.

Thanks!

Re: Postcard Stamps?

• Nope, that's the only one!  I just used them for our STDs and rsvps.  No one really notices anyway.

• Yup, its the shirts or you go custom or you pay more.

It's just a stamp. We used them on out STDs and RSVP postcards and I think they look just fine and really, no one will notice
  • I used the Aloha shirt postcard stamp for my RSVPs. I did not get any comments about the stamps. Your guests probably won't even notice.
    Anniversary
  • Aloha from South Dakota, too. We had to use those on DD's RSVP cards. Not a huge deal, but kind of annoying. I was like,'Don't you have a flag or a star or really ANYTHING else?' But they don't. Just send 'em, nobody will care. 

(Zazzle stamps are cool, but really spendy.)
  • If there is a self service kiosk you can buy a specific postage and they come out like a generic bar code. We did that for moving announcements. I didn't want to wait in line... Wasn't trying to avoid aloha.
  • You could do an herbs stamp whih is 29 cents and an American toleware which is five cents. I'd rather two pretty stamps over one ugly one. This is coming from someone who spent over 200 dollars on vintage stamps though. So I am nuts.
  • I did the 29 cent herb stamps and a 3 cent teapot.  They looked great!  I just couldn't bring myself to use the hawaiian shirts.  No one commented though and I doubt anyone noticed.
  • Thank you all so much for your input. I will probably just go with the Aloha shirts, or check out the self service kiosk. You're right that my guests probably wont notice, I was just really surprised at the lack of options! It is kinda comical though, haha.
  • I used the old postcard stamps, which were polar bears, when I sent my STDs. It was no big deal.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • It is really weird that there is only ONE when there are TONS of choices for most of the other denominations. Oh well. I guess if you were having a DW in Hawaii, it'd be awesome!
  • My H was insanely picky and decided to get 45 cent stamps he liked instead of the shirts. It made him happy, but not a single person noticed. I would have just sucked it up and used the shirts.
  • Look online at the postal service website, they have more options there. I ordered my stamps there because I wanted a specific wedding stamp and didn't want to have to go to 10 post office locations to get them. So I went online once I knew the postage amount I needed, picked out what I needed, included picking out stamps for thank you cards right aways & ordered. No tax & shipping was less then $2.00 & no hassle.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_postcard-stamps-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:ff5c6a3a-1782-4c19-af3e-caa9cd5f36a6Post:c9605d03-4e1d-4370-aa03-8c26e6eec1d1">Re: Postcard Stamps?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Look online at the postal service website, they have more options there. I ordered my stamps there because I wanted a specific wedding stamp and didn't want to have to go to 10 post office locations to get them. So I went online once I knew the postage amount I needed, picked out what I needed, included picking out stamps for thank you cards right aways & ordered. No tax & shipping was less then $2.00 & no hassle.
    Posted by Erikan73[/QUOTE]

Yes, they do have a lot, but there still isn't another 32 cent option on there.  It's their only style.  You can buy the herb, teapot combos there though.  Again, I really don't think anyone really notices or cares!

• I used ALOHA for my STDs. At first I was like, "Not happening!" but eventually I came around. It was actually kind of funny, and the STDs were pretty casual anyway so it wasn't a big deal. No one said anything bad about them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards