November 2013 Weddings
Options

First Look or Wait to walk down the aisle???

It seems that the latest trend is to get a first look with your groom before the ceremony (to sneak in a private moment before the masses). Are you in favor of having that mini moment together caught on camera or are you the traditional bride that will only see your groom once he's standing up at the alter???

I am actually stumped on this one! There are pros and cons to both, so I am anxious to see what you ladies think!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: First Look or Wait to walk down the aisle???

• Options
    I think we are going to end up doing a first look even though I dont really want to.  Our wedding will be around 5pm and it will be dark in western Massachusetts, so we will need to do some of our photos earlier while we still have daylight.  I was hoping he wouldnt see me until the doors of the church open and I walk in, but its much more important to have good photos.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    We are doing a first look. We are doing  a lof of pics before so we dont have a huge gap in between and can go to our cocktail hour. Plus I think we need to see each other. We depend on each other so much and it will ease a lot of nerves for both of us. It works out better for us.
  • Options
    I guess it would be best for us to do a first look! We will be starting at 5:00 (well actually, it doesn't get dark in Lagrange until around 9pm) so I don't really have to worry about that! We have this fountain in the town square which is directly up the street from our venue, so I would love to have a few pics shot from there and on our roof. I would like to enjoy our cocktail hour with our family and guests as well. So this just may be the better way of doing it! Thanks ladies
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    We're not doing a first look. We've got the "Catholic gap" between the ceremony and the reception, so we'll have plenty of time to take pictures and be able to join everyone at the cocktail hour. 
  • Options
    We're most likely doing one. Our current favorite venue has a lot of gorgeous spots to take photos from and since we're starting just after sunset, and I want some daylight pictures, first look it is.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We'll be doing the first look. I'd much rather get pictures taken before the ceremony, rather than missing out on any part of the reception.
  • Options
    I love the first look and love the new splash it's making with wedding photographers. It takes all that pressure off the groom, all the potential disappointment off the bride if he doesn't cry when he sees her. This way, it's just the two of you, a quiet private moment to just BE with each other before the insanity takes over. I love it love it love it.
    White Knot Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    alk0511alk0511 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2012
    We are definitely doing first look photos & BP/group shots before the ceremony!

This will hopefully (semi)guarantee that I'm not a total mess walking down the aisle (and, heck, I know he's trying to act tough now - but I'm sure he'll be a little emotional as well).  We also want to actually enjoy cocktail hour that starts immediately after the ceremony, instead of getting stuck missing what we anticipate to be a pretty awesome spread.

I've loved the "first look" idea from the start and the photographers that we've met with all support the concept 100%.
  • Options
    We're doing a first look.  We really wanted to do pictures before the wedding, so that we can spend our time after the wedding at our reception.  Also, we're both walking down the aisle, after our wedding party walks.  So there will be no real him standing at the altar waiting for me, at least not for very long.  I really like the idea of having our first moment privately, given that I am quite the introvert.  I think it'll make for some really cute photos.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Definitely tried to convince the fiance to do first look photos since by the time the ceremony is over, it will be dark outside and I want the fall foliage in my pictures. Butttt hes the traditional one of the couple so we are just going to do seperate pics before the ceremony and have out together pictures in and around the hotel since its really nice inside.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am having him wait until I walk down the aisle to see me :) I want to see the look on his face as he turns around and sees me in my wedding dress! The wedding is at 4pm, and afterwards we're getting pictures taken by the lake during sunset while everyone else is at cocktail hour...so it'll be a perfect!
    imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards