November 2013 Weddings

I found my dress!!!

Yesterday I went out with my mama and 3 of my bridesmaids to look at wedding dresses. This was my 2nd time going out to try on dresses and I found the one (YAY!). It is a Wtoo Marakesh (#19809) in ivory. I loved it in store as did everyone with me.

Has this happened to anyone though? I woke up this morning and had picture texts from one of the girls of me in the dress and I started getting anxious that maybe it isn't "the one". There just seemed to be so much dress to it, granted the sample was 4 sizes too big and in no way helped. That and it is a full a-line/ball gown. I'm excited for it to arrive in store and in my size!

Who else has their dress? Pictures!

Re: I found my dress!!!

• I got mine last March!  I went through the same thing.  I ended up going back alone and trying it on again.  I loved it so much, I never wanted to take it off :)  Sometimes it's easy to second guess and feel like people might have talked you into a dress, that's why I went alone so I knew I loved it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 
      Visit The Knot!
  • I found mine on Saturday too!!  I was caught off guard because it was the first time I went and tried dresses on.   I was nervous that I would wake up sunday morning and absolutely regret my decision.  I woke up sunday morning wanting to put my dress on!  Which I was relieved. 

Mine is a Sottero Midgley.  I love the mixture of satin and lace and the sparkle! I'm thinking of getting the underneath of the train shorten to really show the detailing on the edge.  I was hesitant to try on lace gown because I felt lace gets too busy for me but this lace is so balanced I love it!  I found it at a consignment shop which only purchases never been worn wedding gowns. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I found my dress back in August but just ordered it last month. I'm on mobile so I can't post a photo, but mine is also a Sottero and Midgley. Pickle, I think it is normal to feel anxious about whether you made the right choice. I don't know if the store is close, but my store offered to let me come in and put on the sample anytime I wanted. The store is back home in MA so I can't really do it, but if you need some reassurance I would consider stopping in alone and trying it on again. But really, the dress is beautiful and I am sure once it is in your size you will think it is perfect.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I love your dress!! :)

My experience was similar - went once with MOH and mom, then second with my mom and just fell in love with the dress.... and then a day or so later started freaking out, is it the right one?! Did I order too early?! Eep?! etc.

BUT the more I showed it to my friends the more everyone reiterated: it's not only flattering and beautiful, but it's ME. So that helped :) 

I also had some doubt as well because the dress doesn't look anything on me as it does on the model. So I try to just look at the pictures of it on me and not at the following, but here it is on the website:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_i-found-my-dress-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:63274f85-77f8-4e35-9c0a-5610d6ac2d70Post:19be69f6-4b84-46ca-88cd-775c4551e406">Re:I found my dress!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pickle, I think it is normal to feel anxious about whether you made the right choice. I don't know if the store is close, but my store offered to let me come in and put on the sample anytime I wanted. The store is back home in MA so I can't really do it, but if you need some reassurance I would consider stopping in alone and trying it on again. But really, the dress is beautiful and I am sure once it is in your size you will think it is perfect.
    Posted by button6004[/QUOTE]

Thanks! My future sister-in-law is coming in to town this weekend. I think I will schedule some time to just pop in and try on the dress. I think standing there and seeing myself in it again (without the audience) will be a big help.
  • Peppy and Pickle your dresses are gorgeous!! Sarahdactyl I tried Lillith on! That is a gorgeous dress!

I found my dress at a sample salel last month! Funny thing is my FI and I were planning on getting married in 2011 and we found out our house was built with Chinese Drywall so we had to move out so it could be rebuilt and the lawsuit took forever to settle...we just moved out in July 2012...Ok my bad getting to the dress.... but the dress I have was like the fourth or fifth dress I tried on when I went dress shopping initially. Well when I went to the sample sale there it was.....I still tried on 20 other dresses and once I tried that one on again I immediately bought it..I have a Pattis Harper!! Here she is!

• I love your dress.
    My Mom is making my dress for me.  She has made all of my dress for my formals when in school and she made her wedding dress and my sister's wedding dress.  Right now I am looking for just the right fabric.  I've had the design picked out for almost 2 years (maybe even longer).Mom did a mock-up of the dress bodice for me last summer and we will start working on it sometime in Mid April or early May.
    TJ
  • Browneyes,  You will have such a unique dress.  My grandmother made me dresses for Christmas and Easter every year growing up.  I still have my hands on a few of them and will definitely dress my girls in them (if I have girls.)  She was going to make my mother's wedding dress but when they went to go look at styles of dresses they found her dress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here is my beautiful dress!! This is actually my second dress... The first one I purchased, I HATED! I exchanged it for this beauty! It's a Melissa Sweet from David's Bridal. I simply adore it! The back is very unique and the part that sold me on this dress... The computer will not let me upload the picture of the back for some reason :(.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards