November 2013 Weddings
Options

Shoes, anyone?

I bought my wedding shoes! I'm a big shoe person and need to have them before alterations (since I'm OOT, I just want to have everything ready so I can try on the dress ASAP haha). I'm going to try the half size down just to be sure but, I'm pretty in love.

Have you all started thinking about what you'll do? I went with a heel (I'm 5'2 and think it will be nice to have a tiny bit more height) but I was really considering flats for a while. I'd consider changing at the reception/I will probably get some more sparkly Toms just in case, but I don't want my dress to drag if it gets hemmed at the heel height! Decisions, decisions.

Here's the pair I got:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
pinterest, obvi.

Re: Shoes, anyone?

• Options
    I got Kate Spade "charm" in the pink glitter. I love them. I'm on mobile so can't post photo

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    rajahmdrajahmd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited January 2013
    I'm not sure what I'll end up getting yet in terms of style. I know it'll be a pair of some type of Crocs. I have serious back and knee problems. No sense in being in a lot of pain on my wedding day. I do know they'll be blue, as my something blue. Should stick out nicely from my pink dress.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Love your shoes! I'm having two pairs of shoes because you never know what the weather will be like in mid November!

Here are the first ones:

And here are my second pair:

• Options
    Love your shoes! They look like a nice size heel as weel

I am on the fence right now...I am thinking of these

Option 1:
    Option 2:

and my last option is:
  • Options
    All very cute shoes!  I haven't picked mine yet, but I'll likely do a red heel.  Maybe red and black, we'll see. Nothing over 3in though, I don't want to be screaming in pain by the end of the day!
  • Options
    CaseynMike - I'm strongly considering your Option 2, as well!  Stumbled across them online a few weeks back.  They are some killer heels!

I've been trying to look for shoes but I'm having issue with height.  I know my tolerance and am one of those people who hates changing out of shoes because I feel like they make the outfit.  So I want to find something with a semi-decent heel with a little bit of a platform on the sole because I feel like that helps with the comfort.  I just can't rock the 4 1/2 inchers - even with a platform!
  • Options
    Ahh Casey I love Option 2 :):):) was a close second because it comes in the purple I wanted too. I love Option 3 as well - super sparkly.

I love love love love love shoes - all gorgeous ones here! Very smart to have two pair just in case.

Alk- I feel you on the 4 1/2 inches thing!! Mine are 3 inches which is basically the most I can muster. I'm going to wear them around the apartment as much as I can to get used to them :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• Options
    Ahh I love shoes, they are all so pretty!

I bought mine a few weeks ago from DSW

Love them I want to wear them every day
    They sparkle so much more in person and they are so comfortable and the perfect height

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't really looked for shoes yet. My fianc is maybe an or 2 inch taller than me so I'm getting a small heel. If the heel is tall enough I won't have to have the bottom of my dress hemmed up :
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_shoes-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:b70e0651-e280-45dd-96df-e6ec7cec9ca0Post:55d54b5d-aa2f-4aa8-b40e-af45a6b749d5">Re: Shoes, anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]CaseynMike - I'm strongly considering your Option 2, as well!  Stumbled across them online a few weeks back.  They are some killer heels! I've been trying to look for shoes but I'm having issue with height.  I know my tolerance and am one of those people who hates changing out of shoes because I feel like they make the outfit.  So I want to find something with a semi-decent heel with a little bit of a platform on the sole because I feel like that helps with the comfort.  I just can't rock the 4 1/2 inchers - even with a platform!
    Posted by alk0511[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I love those shoes as well and yes they are a killer heel! I am barely 5'2 and my FI is over 6'1 so I needed something that would balance us out. I am changing into blinged out converse for the reception!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_shoes-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:b70e0651-e280-45dd-96df-e6ec7cec9ca0Post:88cc4208-1a94-46d2-a24e-a1b380da030a">Re: Shoes, anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ahh Casey I love Option 2 :) :) :) was a close second because it comes in the purple I wanted too. I love Option 3 as well - super sparkly. I love love love love love shoes - all gorgeous ones here! Very smart to have two pair just in case. Alk- I feel you on the 4 1/2 inches thing!! Mine are 3 inches which is basically the most I can muster. I'm going to wear them around the apartment as much as I can to get used to them :)
    Posted by sarahdactyI[/QUOTE]

<div>I love the purple color as well...purple is my favorite color....but I love the blush too! </div>
  • Options
    I found my shoes at DSW today and on sale too!

• Options

My colors are black and white but I wanted something really fun and under $50.  I bought these from Aldo (wedges are super comfy!) but I'm still not sure about them... I keep browsing just in case I find something I like more.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    These are my shoes.  I love them both and have not decided which pair to wear.  I'll probably end up iwth the second pair.  I plan to dye them red for the wedding.

TJ
  • Options
    Hockey, I would recommend you don't bring any problems from other boards to this one. It will not go over well. That being said, the comments made were in regards to your choosing the shoe for your bridesmaids and whether or not you would be paying for them if they were required. It is proper for the bride to cover footwear for her bridesmaids if she has a specific shoe request. While I like my uggs in the winter, many people find them to be ugly myself included even though I own them! and wouldn't want to have to buy them for one day. It's the same logic used when a bride wants her girls to wear cowboy boots. Please, at the very least, consider offering to cover the shoes for bridesmaids who don't own uggs or ugg like boots.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    My bridesmaids chose the shoe, they all love their uggs, and I didn't ever require them to go out and buy ugg brand boots.  Most of them are either going to wear the ones they have or buy the knockoffs so they look newer for the wedding.

Wedding Countdown Ticker 
      Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards