June 2014 Weddings

What are you all doing?

I curious to hear what other June 2014 brides are doing in their planning. We've got our reception venue, because it's a family farm. Other than that, we are just discussing colors (green and pink), themes (earthy, trees), and what kinds of things we want to do. I picked out my shawl and the yarn I'm going to crochet it with. We don't have a budget yet, but I've been doing a lot of researching into what things cost, so we'll have an idea of what we can do when we work out our budget. We are hoping to confirm our date with the church in the next few months.

What about the rest of you? What have you found to do so early?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What are you all doing?

• We haven't accomplished much yet! I'm "on location" right now and looking at potential venues; there's one I really REALLY like but have yet to find out how much it costs. I have a second appointment next Saturday with the person in charge of events who, hopefully, will be able to give me a figure! 
    Other than this, we have decided on metalliics and pastels for colors, I already know what designer to get the dress from (where I bought my wedding dress) and we have a first draft guest list. 
    So basically, I have started a planner binder... end of my checks. Wink

Oh BTW, I'm the one planning the destination vow renewal for our 3rd anniversary. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_what-are-you-all-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:38ee2046-1515-4ae7-ae0d-cf6167ca97c1Post:2f3db12c-0605-401c-939c-d1f9d9b5390e">Re: What are you all doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We haven't accomplished much yet! I'm "on location" right now and looking at potential venues; there's one I really REALLY like but have yet to find out how much it costs. I have a second appointment next Saturday with the person in charge of events who, hopefully, will be able to give me a figure!  Other than this, we have decided on metalliics and pastels for colors, I already know what designer to get the dress from (where I bought my wedding dress) and we have a first draft guest list.  So basically, I have started a planner binder... end of my checks.  Oh BTW, I'm the one planning the destination vow renewal for our 3rd anniversary. 
    Posted by BulgariHeart[/QUOTE]
    That's fun. Where are you going?

I forgot to add that I've also designed all our stationary (preliminary) and drawn up a draft guest list. I'm really anxious to get everything going so I'm doing all I can without actually committing to anything yet!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Italy! Opposite direction from our DW last year LOL.

That's the way to do it, just braistorming and envisioning the various details. I'd love to commit to at least the photographer but can't until we have the venue reserved... meh. 
  • We just received our contract for our venue and will have it signed and submitted by next week! We have our colors picked as well as our attendants (except I am still deciding on one, or we may just have an odd number). We both have an idea of what we want and are on the same terms, thank goodness lol. Oh and we also have the church booked and have begun our marriae prep (Catholic). Other than that we don't have a lot done and I'm beginning to freak out!
  •  question for crb2013  is the catholic marrage prep long we are getting married catholic i am methodist but he is catholic so i agreed we could have a catholic wedding because it means alot to him I was thinking we should get started on it but didn't know how long it takes.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_what-are-you-all-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:38ee2046-1515-4ae7-ae0d-cf6167ca97c1Post:e25b6f00-c3c6-4bc6-a044-6efb2c2311ef">Re: What are you all doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE] question for crb2013  is the catholic marrage prep long we are getting married catholic i am methodist but he is catholic so i agreed we could have a catholic wedding because it means alot to him I was thinking we should get started on it but didn't know how long it takes.
    Posted by BrittneyB21[/QUOTE]
    I'm getting married Catholic, too. Have your FI check his parish or diocese for any guidelines on when to contact the church. That should give you an idea of when to start talking about marriage prep. Some churches require more notice than others. For example, our home parish requires that couples contact the church 8-12 months before the wedding, while the diocese we're getting married in says we have to start marriage prep at least 6 months before the wedding. However, the minimum marriage prep itself isn't too time consuming from what I've heard (how much you do is going to depend on various factors and your parish). It never hurts to start early. Due to school, we will be doing ours at least a year before the wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_what-are-you-all-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:38ee2046-1515-4ae7-ae0d-cf6167ca97c1Post:e25b6f00-c3c6-4bc6-a044-6efb2c2311ef">Re: What are you all doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE] question for crb2013  is the catholic marrage prep long we are getting married catholic i am methodist but he is catholic so i agreed we could have a catholic wedding because it means alot to him I was thinking we should get started on it but didn't know how long it takes.
    Posted by BrittneyB21[/QUOTE]

For us it is semi long. There are different requirements for every church. Right now we are meeting with the priest about every 4 months until we are a year out from the wedding, then we will be meeting I think every other month.
    We had to take the FOCCUS test and go over the results with our priest.
    We have to complete the Natural Family Planning sessions, and there are five of them that we have to go to.
    We also have to complete an Engaged Encounter weekend which is basically a weekend long retreat.

So far the only thing we've done is meet with the priest about three or four times and taken the FOCCUS test and gone over our results. We are planning to do our EE weekend next summer when we're not both in school. As for the NFP sessions, it's just a matter of e-mailing the lady in charge and finding out when the next session starts, but we're kind of putting that off too lol.

I personally don't think it's that much marriage prep to do, but like I said it varies from church to church. I have heard though that what we have to do is pretty standard. It may be a bit different for you since you're not Catholic.

Let me know if you have any questions!!
  • As far as things go we kinda got our location done too. Colors red and black with little white and silver.

• Hi everyone! We got engaged August 25th,2012, shortly before my Fiance deployed. I booked our venue at a country club for Friday, June 20th. 2014. We arent going to book anything else till he returns from deployment in about Feb. We made a payment plan so that by march of 2014 the whole wedding will be paid off. It's more about budgeting than anything which is why we made our engagement nearly 2 years. Now we will be able to have a beautiful wedding and not have to worry about the price because its all money saved in time and no credit card or debt. Time management and budgeting are key. For us june 2014 brides, we are the smart ones not rushing to the altar. We will have time to save and plenty of time to plan and get what we want! The only other thing we have done is picked colors. Champagne and hints of blush. My fiance will wear his air force attire so we needed colors to work with that and champagne works beautifully. Best of luck and happy planning to my fellow brides enjoying this beautiful ride with me :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_what-are-you-all-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:38ee2046-1515-4ae7-ae0d-cf6167ca97c1Post:bcd71c2d-8b99-4e09-9ce8-72f419ff79d9">What are you all doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I curious to hear what other June 2014 brides are doing in their planning. We've got our reception venue, because it's a family farm. Other than that, we are just discussing colors (green and pink), themes (earthy, trees), and what kinds of things we want to do. I picked out my shawl and the yarn I'm going to crochet it with. We don't have a budget yet, but I've been doing a lot of researching into what things cost, so we'll have an idea of what we can do when we work out our budget. We are hoping to confirm our date with the church in the next few months. What about the rest of you? What have you found to do so early?
    Posted by Chloeagh[/QUOTE]

Talked about having it in the park. But as far as that nothing set in stone.

• We've settled on the venue (my parent's farm), the caterer (FI's fav BBQ joint), the colors (blue and yellow), the flowers (sunflowers and delphinium), of course the date (6-7-14!), wedding party, budget, and what FI & groomsmen are wearing (cowboy boots, hats, jeans, white button downs, vest).

Kind of decided on DJ (friend of my mom), photographer (friend of mine), and place to rent tables, chairs, linens, etc from...

I feel like we've got a lot of the big stuff settled, but we still need details, like cake decor ans flavor (one cake or multiple little ones?!), centerpeices, etc.

I need to pick my dress, but I'm waiting untill all the 2013 collections come out! :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_what-are-you-all-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:38ee2046-1515-4ae7-ae0d-cf6167ca97c1Post:90d2cd89-a37f-4fab-8a18-63f955c67933">Re: What are you all doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone! We got engaged August 25th,2012, shortly before my Fiance deployed. I booked our venue at a country club for Friday, June 20th. 2014. We arent going to book anything else till he returns from deployment in about Feb. We made a payment plan so that by march of 2014 the whole wedding will be paid off. It's more about budgeting than anything which is why we made our engagement nearly 2 years. Now we will be able to have a beautiful wedding and not have to worry about the price because its all money saved in time and no credit card or debt. Time management and budgeting are key. For us june 2014 brides, we are the smart ones not rushing to the altar. We will have time to save and plenty of time to plan and get what we want! The only other thing we have done is picked colors. Champagne and hints of blush. My fiance will wear his air force attire so we needed colors to work with that and champagne works beautifully. Best of luck and happy planning to my fellow brides enjoying this beautiful ride with me :)
    Posted by julespinkribbon[/QUOTE]
    <div>
    </div><div>Love what you said about waiting to get married. We have a very similiar mindset :) Our engagement will have been 25 months :) </div>
  • So we are a head of the game, we knew the church we wanted and only looked at 1 reception venue in person and booked it because it was perfect and exactly what we wanted within our budget. I found that wedding bands were actually booking up already for our date June 21, 2014 so we went ahead and booked them yesterday because they were good, local, and reasonably priced and didn't want to lose them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards