June 2014 Weddings
Options

When are you asking WP?

Hi ladies,
I'm new to the June 2014 board, so first off, hello!

My fiance and I are getting married June 21st, 2014 in Pittsburgh, PA. So far we have our venue, which will be for ceremony and reception, booked. I'm currently working on Photographers and Caterers and hope to get those done soon.

I was looking at make up artists today and realized some are booked over a year in advance. I wasn't expecting that! Anyway, I haven't officially asked my whole wedding party to participate yet because I thought it was too soon. But now I feel like I'll need to know if they want makeup and hair done so I can be sure to reserve appointments.

Have you all asked your girls/guys to be part of the WP yet? And if not, when do you plan to do so?

Thanks!

Re: When are you asking WP?

• Options
    We each have a person (his best friend since 7th grade and my sister), who have known they will be in our wedding party since before we were engaged. We haven't officially asked them, but they know.

Most people suggest that you wait until at most a year out before asking wedding party members because things can change. If we decide to ask more people to be in the wedding party (he has another good friend, I have another sister), we probably won't ask until this summer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi, I am getting married June 20th, 2014. I booked my venue for ceremony and reception and that is all. We both asked our attendants for the bridal party which I regret. Hold off on it if you can. Make up artists shouldn't book up that fast. Around long island I spoke with a few and they said to book 8 months to 1 year out for make up. And Its very soon to book that. Try and book bigger things like photographer and DJ/Band. Worry about that in a few months. Ask your BM's around 10 months- a year out.
  • Options
    Hi, I am also a 6.21 bride :)
    I have actually already asked all of my ladies, I asked them at my engagement party this past June because I knew I would never catch them all together again! I made them each a "bridesmaid" box with a bridesmaid shotglass, wedding ring shot glass, a "grow your own" diamond ring, a bridesmaid newsletter, a little card with the definition of a bridesmaid on it, a mini bottle of kahlua, and some other little bridesmaid knick-knacks (can't quite remember everything it's been so long lol).

FI has yet to ask his groomsmen and I am on him about it but he says that he wants to do it in a meaningful way and is trying to come up with something creative. He has thought about giving them each a cool deck of cards with a note saying "Will you give me a "hand" at being my groomsman?" Anyway, I know that wasn't really your question lol.

A lot of people warned me against asking my girls so early - I pretty much asked them two years out. People say that things can change, but with the girls I asked, I know that nothing will change. Four are my sisters, the other my best friends since first grade, so I know that they're not going anywhere, you know what I mean? I say do it as early as you feel comfortable! The more people you have to help and support you, the easier your job is! You know what I Mean? :)
  • Options
    When to ask depends on how flexible and understanding you can be if and when plans change. I was asked to be in a wedding a year and a half ago for this Valentines Day. I was kicked out when I wasn't able to go on her bachelorette trip and dress fitting due to being 9mo pregnant. Obviously when I said yes I didn't know when I would get pregnant, KWIM? We're only having one person each, so they already know. I think I asked my sister when I was 9. So sometimes the answer is 20 years before the wedding. I would say a year before is a happy medium.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I plan to ask my wedding party in June so that they have one year in advance to save and get ready.
  • Options
    Same :) I plan on asking them 1 year in advance...we have a huge wedding party though. 8-10 people for each of us. Most of them already know they will be in it, but I will formally do it a year from June. We just officiially set our date and all my friends and family know so I'm sure it will be fine!
  • Options
    i asked mine already FI is waiting for ask his groomsmen for some reason dont know why , but each their own,  i had my three girls picked out the day after he asked me to marry him lol ok not the day after but close enough
  • Options
    All but one of my side of the wedding party were present at the engagement so they were all asked right away...and I skyped the one who wasn't present as he's currently living in London and asked him right away.  They all assumed they'd be asked, we are very close (three are my sisters!) and they are all also incredibly close to my fiance.  I have since "formally" asked them with cute cards I bought off of Etsy.  We are each having 6 BM/GM and then two ushers.  My FI has told all of his guys that they would be involved in the weddin, but is having trouble assigning who will be GM and what two gents will be ushers.
  • Options
    I asked my three sisters to by my BM's at Christmas with a personalized bangle I bought on Etsy and then I just asked by best friend from college to by my MOH last weekend. I know we have a while but I know those four girls would be there until the end. My FI has only told his brothe that he will be the best man but hasn't told his other three GM's. I figure he'll do it when he wants and there isn't a rush. I was too excited to wait to tell my girls though! I agree with the other ladies and you can tell your WP whenever you feel comfortable.
    Check out my wedding blog for great New England venues! http://anewenglandwedding.blogspot.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards