June 2014 Weddings

Wedding Dress Shopping

Hey!!! I know we are a year and 5 months away till our weddings, but when is everyone going to start dress shopping?

Re: Wedding Dress Shopping

• As close to the wedding date as humanly possible.  I gained 40 pounds with my son... whoops... so I'm trying to get those OFF.  I'll probably start in about a year.

That doesn't mean I won't window shop in the meantime, though!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_wedding-dress-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:7daa3548-271c-4753-86a1-d3040682b3d5Post:eaf4b18d-9fa4-41d6-90c6-e6c6cb902f86">Re: Wedding Dress Shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]As close to the wedding date as humanly possible.  I gained 40 pounds with my son... whoops... so I'm trying to get those OFF.  I'll probably start in about a year. That doesn't mean I won't window shop in the meantime, though!
    Posted by ironmom5[/QUOTE]

Some dresses take 6-8 months to come in! Start sooner, you can always have the dress taken in when you lose weight! Don't feel discouraged! I am probably starting this April. I am super picky so I know it will take me a few months!!
  • hopefully soon but i plan to loose 60lbs so 
  • So I actually stumbled upon my dress already! Whoops! Lol . It is everything I've ever wanted in a dress and will possibly be retired before the wedding so I bought it! Here is the link if you want to see :)https://www.google.ca/search?q=maggie+sottero+carrie&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#biv=i|6;d|gZtcg4Suooj6PM:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_wedding-dress-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:7daa3548-271c-4753-86a1-d3040682b3d5Post:318303b6-e3c0-4857-a4e0-22aa04e37a9c">Re: Wedding Dress Shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I actually stumbled upon my dress already! Whoops! Lol . It is everything I've ever wanted in a dress and will possibly be retired before the wedding so I bought it! Here is the link if you want to see :) <a href="https://www.google.ca/search?q=maggie+sottero+carrie&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#biv=i|6;d|gZtcg4Suooj6PM:" rel="nofollow">https://www.google.ca/search?q=maggie+sottero+carrie&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#biv=i|6;d|gZtcg4Suooj6PM:</a>
    Posted by Gustafson28[/QUOTE]
    That's gorgeous!

Since I'm a student, I'm going to start in July or August. I want it ordered at least 8 months out, and after August, there's a weekend in October, then it's my next chance would be 7 months before the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i havent found anything at all i like :(
  • I already started looking!! I can't wait he he :)
  • Lol I'm so happy I'm not the only one because I'm starting in mid April. I'm having trouble because I'm really tiny so everything "wears" me so hopefully ill find something by summer! We have to post a thread closer to the wedding to show our dresses : yayyyyy
  • Your dress is stunning!!!! So exciting!!! Very happy for you :
  • Thanks everyone! I meant to be sane and buy it this summer but that didn't work lol. Best of luck to everyone with their dress hunt! Jules, what about a fit and flare or mermaid? They hug you pretty well so it might not wear you!
  • I've started looking online and I have a list of the local bridal stores/botiques to contact to make appointments. I figure Feb or March I'll start actually trying dresses on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes i am looking at all form fitting, curve hugging (fit and flare, mermaid styles)

I am starting to try on mid april in hopes of buying by June so I can put dress shopping behind me and focus on the rest of the planning!
  • Sounds good! GL!!!
  • I already found mine! I was very excited to get started and found one that recently was discontinued! because they want to clear them out of the "warehouse" I got a huge discount and it already come in! It is kinda crazy that I already have my dress hanging in my closet even though i'm not getting married for another year, but it's nice to have one thing check off of the list. 

• I have not begun to look and my head is hurting already. I know my budget is small so I do not want to get my hopes for a dress I will  not be able to afford. Ugh!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I bought mine last month and we're still 13 months out. :) I knew it was "the one" when I put it on.
  • maine81maine81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I have not begun to look and my head is hurting already. I know my budget is small so I do not want to get my hopes for a dress I will  not be able to afford. Ugh!
    I feel the same way.  I was thinking of starting to look next month but feel like I don't know where to start.  I have seen lots of pics of dresses I like but I am sure they are 2-3 times my budget.
  • ChloeaghChloeagh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    I found my dress! I wasn't planning on looking until July, and then going to at least 4 shops. But 70% off sample sale, things happen. It was a crazy experience (not the sale part, we went at a time of day when there was no one there). My mom cried, I was freaking out. I tried on 5 dresses, but ended up going with the first one I put on. All the others were styles I thought I LOVED, but they looked awful on me. This one was just right.

Pic of it (I wish I had one of me in it): http://www.brides.com/wedding-dresses-style/demetriosillusions-3144-213283
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Chloeagh pretty dress I love Demitrios

I'm planning on starting in July. Damn my expensive taste I keep falling in love with pretty expensive dresses including one that I can only find at Kleinfeld's.  I'm hoping to find something I love local before that.

Anniversary

• I have done a little window shopping but hope to actually start looking next month. I am a little nervous to make a commitment to a dress.;) i have heard stories about brides having second thought after purchasing wedding dresses.
  • I'm going to David's Bridal and a couple other large places with a friend next week just to try on different styles to narrow down what I like.  Then my mom and I will go after that! I'm so excited; just nervous about weight loss/gain before the wedding.
  • I went to David's Bridal last night and I found my dress!  I ordered last night but it won't be in until September.  I am afraid that when it comes in I won't love it as much as I did last night but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

• @rwhite0123 That dress on you is gorgeous! The linked one is beautiful as well and has more of a vintage feel than a princess feel like the first one to me.
  • hi everyone! haven't been on here in months! It's exciting we are down to the 1 year mark :) my wedding is 1 year from tomorrow. I have been dress shopping 4 times already with no luck. I have been stuck on mermaid gowns for so long because I am so petite with a little bit of curves, however I don't think enough to fill out a mermaid dress. So I have an appointment tomorrow night, 2 on Saturday and Kleinfelds next Saturday for those of you who know the "Say Yes to the Dress" show. I am going in with an open mind and going to try on all sorts of dresses. I am hoping to find something lol. I look at it this way, I knew right away when I found my sweet 16 dress...I knew right away when I fell in love with my Fiance..I will know right away when I find "the dress". 

Best of luck to you all and have fun...its really exciting :)
  • Drewsgirl31Drewsgirl31 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited June 2013
    @88beautymarked I got the princess dress 5 years ago for our winter wonderland wedding we never got to have. It's been in the bag in the closet ever since :( I was 21 when we were planning that wedding. Now that I'm 26 (will be 27 by next June), I just don't feel like that dress is ME anymore. I do love it, it's stunning, beautiful, and a million other perfect words but not at all what I'm going for in a June ceremony. We're planning a more vintage country style event this time around.
  • @rwhite0123 Its lovely though the second one. My dress is a mix between princess with a touch of vintage in the belt and rose embroidery. I'm sure you would look just as great in the second one. ;)
  • I have plans to go shopping mid July, I'm looking for something simple but elegant. We're doing a beach wedding, so I want lace and not really hot. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • r&c14r&c14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    Hi ladies! I already have my dress and I love it! It's definitely motivating in helping me lose some weight to look rockin in it! http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Satin-Side-Draped-A-Line-Gown-with-Beaded-Inset-9WG3153
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I got my dress last month and I love it! Currently trying to figure out hair to go with it :)

http://www.moonlightbridal.com/Product/MoonlightCouture/H1219/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards