June 2014 Weddings

What I'm currently up to...

After being engaged since May 2012, we have finally booked our church and reception for June 7, 2014. I've tried on dresses but find it to be a stressful experience because I'm so indecisive. So next up is deciding on a photographer. I'm also currently researching and talking to djs, limo companies, having my sister try on bridesmaid's dresses, and have contacted the florist. 

What are all you ladies up to?

Re: What I'm currently up to...

• How exciting! I can't wait to start trying on dresses!

We booked the church last month. We've met with the photographer we will likely pick, and my dad has met with our caterer (he has used them for many events and can get their services on trade - we will meet them next month). We will be touring our likely reception site next week and hopefully get penciled in (can't officially book until November). Next will be researching flowers and planning out the reception. We still don't know if there is going to be a dance or not!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay! I'm kind of OCD so we have a lot done lol. I have my dress, photographer booked, venue booked, custom menu and bar done, figured out the ideas for music during cocktail hour and dinner. Working on DIY isle decor and our card box. It's going to be a treasure chest type look for our beach wedding.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_what-im-currently-up-to?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:e5d5c391-3f47-44a1-8261-cf5d2edd11c6Post:76ad0855-6058-4e1c-a58c-b12c2a45e93e">Re: What I'm currently up to...</a>:
    [QUOTE]How exciting! I can't wait to start trying on dresses! We booked the church last month. We've met with the photographer we will likely pick, and my dad has met with our caterer (he has used them for many events and can get their services on trade - we will meet them next month). We will be touring our likely reception site next week and hopefully get penciled in (can't officially book until November). Next will be researching flowers and planning out the reception. We still don't know if there is going to be a dance or not!
    Posted by Chloeagh[/QUOTE]

<div>It sounds like you have a good start too! I can't believe they can't book until November, is it like their own rule or is it a new reception place? Yay! I've done some research on flowers but I am giving my florist my "inspiration", talking with her and then letting her decide :)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_what-im-currently-up-to?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:e5d5c391-3f47-44a1-8261-cf5d2edd11c6Post:403aa592-7949-4af8-8caf-8060a10d7824">Re: What I'm currently up to...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay! I'm kind of OCD so we have a lot done lol. I have my dress, photographer booked, venue booked, custom menu and bar done, figured out the ideas for music during cocktail hour and dinner. Working on DIY isle decor and our card box. It's going to be a treasure chest type look for our beach wedding.
    Posted by Gustafson28[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh my gosh you have so much done!  Any secrets to the dress? I can't seem to decide and then I get really commitment phobic (of the dress not the FI lol). I wish I could do my menu now but they are making us wait for a food tasting when it gets closer, I can't wait to start on the DIY stuff soon though :)</div>
  • Ha ha I told you I'm OCD! With the dress I tend to have a good eye for what will and won't work for clothes, especially on myself. I was looking through a lot of pictures and knew what style I wanted. Tried on some dresses in that style but I kept coming back to this one dress. I love it. Don't worry about committing. You'll know when it's the dress. Whichever one you don't want to take off is the one. I would wear mine right now if I could lol
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_what-im-currently-up-to?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:e5d5c391-3f47-44a1-8261-cf5d2edd11c6Post:4be74a77-24ad-4166-b462-d5675240f01f">Re: What I'm currently up to...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What I'm currently up to... : It sounds like you have a good start too! I can't believe they can't book until November, is it like their own rule or is it a new reception place? Yay! I've done some research on flowers but I am giving my florist my "inspiration", talking with her and then letting her decide :)
    Posted by HTR10[/QUOTE]
    It's an armory and they won't know the 2014 schedule until then. They can tell us they usually don't have stuff our weekend, but until they officially know the events they have to host, they can't confirm civilians can use the space.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HTR10HTR10 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_what-im-currently-up-to?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:e5d5c391-3f47-44a1-8261-cf5d2edd11c6Post:787e5a7a-1038-43b0-a9b1-e5ee03688dad">Re: What I'm currently up to...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha ha I told you I'm OCD! With the dress I tend to have a good eye for what will and won't work for clothes, especially on myself. I was looking through a lot of pictures and knew what style I wanted. Tried on some dresses in that style but I kept coming back to this one dress. I love it. Don't worry about committing. You'll know when it's the dress. Whichever one you don't want to take off is the one. I would wear mine right now if I could lol
    Posted by Gustafson28[/QUOTE]

<div>I will HOPEFULLY be more like you in a few weeks, I just seem to have so much stuff goign on right now, and when I didn't have a ton going on I was always worried it was too soon to make decisions. Thanks! I sure hope so. I had a weird situation going on with the future MIL and a dress she and I both liked, but then I felt pressured...then I tried on another dress that I liked but isn't the shape I thought I would wear or that I thinkis most flattering. Fingers crossed I find the perfect one :)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_what-im-currently-up-to?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:e5d5c391-3f47-44a1-8261-cf5d2edd11c6Post:7295c6f5-76da-4d55-bb82-06fd795dac76">Re: What I'm currently up to...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What I'm currently up to... : It's an armory and they won't know the 2014 schedule until then. They can tell us they usually don't have stuff our weekend, but until they officially know the events they have to host, they can't confirm civilians can use the space.
    Posted by Chloeagh[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Oh, that's pretty cool! Fingers crossed it works out well for you :)

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_what-im-currently-up-to?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:e5d5c391-3f47-44a1-8261-cf5d2edd11c6Post:37d6151c-3a69-4a74-8f11-6d9ea101dad1">What I'm currently up to...</a>:
    [QUOTE]After being engaged since May 2012, we have finally booked our church and reception for June 7, 2014. I've tried on dresses but find it to be a stressful experience because I'm so indecisive. So next up is deciding on a photographer. I'm also currently researching and talking to djs, limo companies, having my sister try on bridesmaid's dresses, and have contacted the florist.  What are all you ladies up to?
    Posted by HTR10[/QUOTE]

Ive also been engaged since May 2012!  I've researched and decided where we want the reception to be held.  We have our date penciled in with them but can't formally book the venue until May.  We are getting married June 14, 2014.  I'm currently researching photographers and getting as many quotes as I can!  I never dreamed the price ranges in photographers.  I plan to meet with my top three pics between now and April and decide on one by May so we can book 1 year out.  I've decided on a DJ but again waiting to book until we can book the venue.  If I could do it over again...id NEVER have a 2 year engagement!
  • We have the ceremony/reception venue booked as well as the photographer. Also decided on the caterer, just have to send him a check. I'm itching to try on dresses but everyone tells me it's too early : l
  • It's never too early as long as you find one you love!

I have also been engaged since 2012 (April). I am slighgtly OCD since I wanted to make sure I got what and who I wanted before someone else booked them. But also I have way too long to plan. So, I have reception (caterer included), ceremony site, day of wedding coordinator, photographer, engagement pictures, make-up artist, dress, cake, DJ, singer for ceremony, and started our registeries.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_what-im-currently-up-to?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:e5d5c391-3f47-44a1-8261-cf5d2edd11c6Post:f6a05821-496e-47b6-8d7a-3adfa74ad876">Re: What I'm currently up to...</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's never too early as long as you find one you love! I have also been engaged since 2012 (April). I am slighgtly OCD since I wanted to make sure I got what and who I wanted before someone else booked them. But also I have way too long to plan. So, I have reception (caterer included), ceremony site, day of wedding coordinator, photographer, engagement pictures, make-up artist, dress, cake, DJ, singer for ceremony, and started our registeries.
    Posted by RaeP08[/QUOTE]

I so understand about being OCD about things booking up!  We booked the reception hall and church this past weekend.  Today, we bought my wedding band.  We got a good deal and couldn't pass it up!  I'm soon to be booking the DJ and photographer.  Things are moving along!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards