June 2014 Weddings

Date Change!!!

My FI and I had been planning for a March 2015 wedding - on our 6th anniversary. We love this date but have been sad that we could only invite immediate family due to the cost of a large reception in a city. Well, it was recently suggested that we have our reception on FI's grandparents' farm, which would mean a large and free reception venue! It is far away from where we live, so chances are not many people will be able to come, but we would at least be able to invite everyone we want and there's a better chance of two sets of grandparents being able to make it.

We couldn't do this with our current date, so now we're planning for June 28, 2014! We are so excited to be getting married that much earlier! It's about a month after I graduate from undergrad, so things will be pretty crazy, but we already have a ton of people volunteering to help.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Date Change!!!

• Hi, welcome to the board! :)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_date-change?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:ea1bb55d-65c3-4346-9be5-c85afe01e4d6Post:2fd93ba7-50ef-4e89-ae0c-bb2fc38c1101">Date Change!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI and I had been planning for a March 2015 wedding - on our 6th anniversary. We love this date but have been sad that we could only invite immediate family due to the cost of a large reception in a city. Well, it was recently suggested that we have our reception on FI's grandparents' farm, which would mean a large and free reception venue! It is far away from where we live, so chances are not many people will be able to come, but we would at least be able to invite everyone we want and there's a better chance of two sets of grandparents being able to make it. We couldn't do this with our current date, so now we're planning for June 28, 2014! We are so excited to be getting married that much earlier! It's about a month after I graduate from undergrad, so things will be pretty crazy, but we already have a ton of people volunteering to help.
    Posted by Chloeagh[/QUOTE]

Congrats welcome.

• Welcome! That's our wedding date too!!!
  • that sounds amazing!!!! congrats! I will be getting married the week before.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards