June 2014 Weddings
Options

QOTD

Re: QOTD

• Options
    I am a special education major and I graduate in the spring... i have a count down in my siggy.  I feel that it would be in poor taste to have a wedding during school and go on a honeymoon when I have so much vacation time built in to my schedule.  Plus I am the oldest grandchild on my mom's side and all of the kiddos won't be out of school until midway through june and I most definitely want them to have the ability to come to my wedding. 
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    BulgariHeartBulgariHeart member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Good morning!

We picked the 7th because it's our day. We could have gotten married on our actual anniversary but that's in December and hubby (can I use this word here? Some people hate it on other boards O_o) refused to add six more months to the engagement, so we picked June. It turned out to be perfect 'cause his birthday is a few days later so now when we book our anniversary trips we'll include his birthday celebrations as well. 
  • Options
    We picked June because my parents got married in June.

We taking peices from everything that is important to us. We like for things to have meaning. I hate hate hate it when someone asks a question and the answer given is "I don't know." We know lol.

FI was extremely close to his grandparents. He is named after his grandpa (His middle name...so if we have a son his middle will be the same as FI and FI's grandpas). We are using this set of FI's grandparents wedding bands. The wedding colors will most likely be green and khaki because that is what FI was wearing the first time I saw him. We are using FI's grandpas bible in the ceremony. The first flowers FI got me were roses so that will be the wedding flowers.

We actually had thought about September only because the weather will be more comfortable where I live at that time. If we choose September it will most likely be September 2014...after all you ladies are married. Fear not, LOL, I will still reside as moderator of this board.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    HTR10HTR10 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I always wanted a Spring wedding (April/May) but I'm in graduate school working on my PhD and I am under contract until May 31...so to be safe June it is :) I'm not sure who I will be working under in 2014 and just to be safe I figured June is ideal...then I don't have to worry about anything schedule wise :)
  • Options
    Well we originally wanted it to be July 6, 2013. 7 + 6 = 13 and 13 is FI's lucky number. On top of that it would be 2 years, 5 months, and 5 days that we would have been together and 5 is my lucky number. 27 is my softball number so that is where the 7 from July comes into play and the 2 years. It just seemed to fit.

But my parents want us to wait until we graduate, which we can understand but it is still frustrating. So then we were thinking July 5, 2014 because it would be the same weekend we'd been planning on just a year later. But then we realized it'd be the 4th of July weekend and a lot of hassle.

I knew I wanted it to be in the summer time because I will have just graduated but I am going to be a teacher so if I am lucky enough to get a job right away, I won't have to work until August leaving plenty of time for a wedding and honeymoon without the added stress of taking off work or whatever. So I gave FI a few different weekends to pick from, and he chose June 21st.

Come to find out June 21st is my parents wedding anniversary! I did not know this because they are divorced haha, but they are very good friends and still get along great. At first I was worried that getting married on that day would be bad luck because their marriage didn't work out, but then I thought it might actually be good luck because they still have a great relationship. Either way, the church is booked so there is no turning back now!
  • Options
    I picked June because I wanted either a summer date or a fall date for the wedding due mainly to the weather where I live and those months also leave open the possibility of us having an outdoor wedding. I would love to have an outdoor wedding but I might drive myself crazy worrying about rain.  =/

I was really starting to lean more towards having a fall wedding but then I bought my dress and that idea was out because of the trim color of my dress- periwinkle. I just can't see that color going with an autumn wedding so summer it was.

My birthday is a repeating number and I've always been a number nerd so 6-14-14 just automatically stands out to me and the 14th has a special meaning for us.  :)

Also, my grandparents got married in June.  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I picked 2014 as the year for us to get married, we are engaged to be married without a ring and I told FI that even if I don't get my engagement ring until we get married as my bridal set, I don't care, I just want to finally be married to him.

I picked June 28 because its a Saturday and I wanted to have the wedding as close as possible to Fourth of July, our favorite holiday together, because FI and I both want fireworks and Kansas has certain dates that fireworks are legal. The other option would have been July 5th which is my dad's birthday and I don't want our anniversary to shadow his day, so June 28 it is. 

We originally wanted to do a fireworks show and sparklers as our grand finale before we left the reception, but I don't think its in our budget. We are still doing sparklers for our exit though.

• Options

I didn't want June....

I was definitely eyeing more of a fall wedding but didn't want to wait that long.

We visited our venue, and fell in love with it.  We started talking dates, and the manager let me know they had one fireworks night left.  Our date was decided right there.  If I'm going to get a free fireworks show over the lake I'm not going to turn that down.

• Options
    Originally I wanted a Winter wedding but FI and I got to talking and decided that would be way too long of an engagement for us. We wanted a time when most people would be out of school and we have a lot of younger cousins that we want to invite. 

Anyway, I knew I wanted a Sunday wedding ( I think it will be easier for everybody to attend) and didn't want May 2014, since my sister's high school graduation is then we pushed back the date a couple weeks. 

So, June 8, 2014 ended up being the date we chose. I love it because it's all even numbers and 6+8=14 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our anniversary is in June, so we wanted to stick with our same date. Plus its the off season for our destination wedding location. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards