May 2013 Weddings
Options

What is your groom wearing?

I got a phone call from a tux rental shop that I saw at a bridal show and set up an appointment for my FI and I to go take a look. The only problem is I haven't really given it much thought because I didn't think it was something we were going to do so soon. Our wedding colors are Navy and Gerbera Daisy Orange. I don't know if I want the guys in navy though. The girls will be in navy and I was thinking of having the guys in grey (probably a darkish grey) instead. Will this look funny? Especially since the guys will have mini orange daisies for bouts...

Have you girls given much thought to what your groom will be wearing?

Re: What is your groom wearing?

• Options
    I am letting FI handle all of the stuff with his tux. He knows the colors and he knows what will and will not work. One less thing I am have to stress about.
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:The Cake!!!
    cake4
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My worry is that my FI is color blind so he is horrible with coordinating colors. If I left it to him he would probably pick black and who even knows what style...
  • Options
    What time of day is your wedding.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:What is your groom wearing?:[QUOTE]I am letting FI handle all of the stuff with his tux. He knows the colors and he knows what will and will not work. One less thing I am have to stress about. Posted by FLGatorGal88[/QUOTE]

This .... I helped him pick bouteniers but that's it rest is his decisions.
  • Options

My FI took charge of that.  We went together to pick out the tie/vest colors.  He was in charge of the tux styles for himself, my Dad, Groomsmen and Ushers.  I don't know what my FI is wearing...he wants me to be surprised.  He dresses very well so I trust his judgement.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_what-is-your-groom-wearing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:05898265-8e9c-42d9-8c00-7464af110a7cPost:155219b0-c42b-42bf-8a0d-f9e5d8330ebe">Re: What is your groom wearing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am letting FI handle all of the stuff with his tux. He knows the colors and he knows what will and will not work. One less thing I am have to stress about.
    Posted by FLGatorGal88[/QUOTE]

This!
  • Options
    My FI hi and the men's outfits.  They're all black tuxes with ivory shirts.  FI will wear ivory vest and bow tie.  The other men will wear dark grey vests and bow ties.  FI will wear an ivory pocket square and the other men will wear pink pocket squares.  I'm not a big fan of colored vests and ties, so I'm glad he didn't pick that.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I left it up to FI and I think he did a good job. They are all wearing black tuxes with ivory shirts. FI's vest, tie and pocket square are ivory. The GMs will have royal blue accessories and the RB will have a mix of both. The dad's have complete control over what they will be choosing, but we left suggestions with the store in case they aren't sure what they want.
    May 2013 October Siggy - The Honeymoon Walt Disney & Daytona Beach imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    A dark grey tux sounds nice with an orange bout. Maybe when he goes to try them on, you can bring a bout with you to see how it looks?

I went with FI to a Moore's few months back, just to try on some ideas. So we have a good idea of what colours we want to wear and he chose a classic black tux.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My colors are charcoal grey and apple green. FI saw this Vera Wang tux at a bridal show and really fell for it. We have also been looking at sleek Calvin Klein grey suits as well. 

May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2012
    My FI and his GM are wearing grey suits with white shirts, black ties, and Vans shoes. Like this:

• Options
    edited September 2012
    FI wanted to look like James Bond so I said pick what you want (i just did not want him to wear a white tux, I'm just not a fan). He ended up picking a gray tux which I absolutley love. It was funny though because this was the one thing I said he could do without me and he kept texting me and calling me so I ended up having to go to Mens Wearhouse to assure him his decision was ok haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    192 invited image
    69 will be there image
    5 will be missing out image
     118 haven't RSVP'Dimage
    RSVP Deadline: May 3rd
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_what-is-your-groom-wearing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:05898265-8e9c-42d9-8c00-7464af110a7cPost:10c3418d-271d-4d59-bb1c-fbdd24dc0d6b">Re: What is your groom wearing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My colors are charcoal grey and apple green. FI saw this Vera Wang tux at a bridal show and really fell for it. We have also been looking at sleek Calvin Klein grey suits as well. 
    Posted by MamaBear904[/QUOTE]

Love this suit! I want FI to wear something like this also
    Trying to conceive #1 since January 2013
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    one thing my FI said was the only way he was gettin married was if he could wear jeans and his cowboy boots...go i gave in the guys are wearing dark wrangler jeans, with yellow button ups probly n more of a western style and the girls are wearing royal blue dresses...i think my FI might also wear a vest to help set him apart or a white shirt not totally sure yet
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards