May 2013 Weddings
Options

Ceremony location regret

***This was mentioned in the "Lend your ideas" post by MamaBear***

FI and I went to a christening this weekend at the church we are planning on getting married at. It always was a simple decision to FI and I to get married there since we both had our communion and confirmation there and both our children were christened there. The church has been a part of both our families for many years.

Before the ceremony started I was looking around trying to figure out ways to decorate it. I had no ideas, nothing inspired me. I don't picture myself getting married there. Maybe I never did. I really don't know what to do. I think FI will freak when I tell him.
May 2013 October Siggy - The Honeymoon Walt Disney & Daytona Beach imageFollow Me on Pinterest

Re: Ceremony location regret

• Options
    I think you should stick with it since it has emotional and religious significance to you and your FI.  If we had a place like that, we would certainly be getting married there regardless of how it looks.  Can you get pics of the church and show it to us?  Maybe we could have some ideas.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited October 2012
    I've been feeling how you feel in reverse! We're getting married by the pastor of the church my parents still go to and I used to go to as I live the next city over for grad school. We aren't getting married in the church because it's pretty ugly- no windows, blue carpet, ugly jewel and gold like lights, a dark wood wainscoting with wall paper the rest of the way up the walls, etc. We picked a place that is pretty, but might be a little tight and is a little further from the reception than I'd like. 

Well, we went to the church Sat for our next counseling meeting and they were working on the sanctuary- wall paper is down and repainted and new brushed nickel lights are up with more lights on the walls. It is so much brighter now and not as ugly. Still not really attractive, but not bad either. We were both like "oh, I wish we'd known that six months ago!" Oh well.

I think you need to talk to FI about it. We pretty much agreed it wasn't worth the hassle, but it might be worth it for you two.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think it is amazing that you have a ceremony space that is so significant in your lives as individuals that will now be significant in your life together. I am sure there is something you can do with the space. Can you take a pic and share?
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm leaning towards you switching it to a prettier venue or one that inspires your creativity. That's a lot of important family moments, but your wedding doesn't need to be included in that. Wherever you choose, pick the one where you won't regret getting married in when you look at your wedding album.
  • Options
    I'm not regretting it because of how it looks. I just see myself getting married there.

I realized that it's not worthit bringing it up to FI since it's an important part of our lives. And, I've already printed my invitations lol
    May 2013 October Siggy - The Honeymoon Walt Disney & Daytona Beach imageFollow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards