May 2013 Weddings
Options

Honeymoon inspiration?

Hello ladies! 

Hope everyone had a good Christmas! Some of you may have seen on facebook that FI's parents were over the top generous in giving us a honeymoon for Christmas. I am still in shock (growing up and even now, we don't do big gifts like that). 

So now I have the decision to go anywhere I want and I need some inspiration. I have never looked into big vacations because I could never afford them, so what are some opinions. 

We can do a 5 day cruise or an all inclusive :)
May 2013 January Siggy Challenge
Cake
my read shelf:
Becky's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Follow Me on Pinterest
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honeymoon inspiration?

• Options
    I personally would NOT do a cruise. I just went on a 3-day cruise last month for our anniversary and though I had a fun time, I would not envision that for a honeymoon. Others may disagree with me, and it is a personal preference, but FI and I felt too cramped and there were just too many people around to really enjoy ourselves. Plus it was crazy expensive and in our 3 days away, we spent as much as I would have if we spent 5 days elsewhere.

I would consider an all inclusive, or maybe a lodge somewhere. I love the idea of Napa Valley (if you want to stay in the US) or Lake Tahoe if you want to be relatively alone.
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're doing wine country, but I don't think there are any all inclusives there.  How about Mexico?  The Mayan Riviera is one of my favorite places in the world.  If you go though, don't just stay at the resort- take day trips to see the ruins.  I can't believe people go all the way to Mexico and never see the sights!  The Mayan ruins are amazing!

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I  vote against the cruise. FI and I went to Cozumel on a 5 day Carnival Cruise...and while it was fun..I would not do it again, especially for a honeymoon. It honestly got kind of boring. There is only so much you can do on the ship. The comedy shows were great, but that's pretty much the highlight. We didn't have enough time in Mexico.

We have a travel agent friend and she got us a great deal for an all inclusive resort in Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. She got us a honeymoon suite with a balcony overlooking the ocean, jacuzzi, and King Canopy bed for 5 nights for $2,000 everything including flights. Definitely use a travel agent. They can get you the best deals.
  • Options
    My aunt is a travel agent I will have to have her look into Punta Cana.. I had a friend go there last year and loved it. 
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge
    Cake
    my read shelf:
    Becky's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_honeymoon-inspiration?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:17f13dbe-0ccc-43a5-89de-3c9c49c9cad9Post:cd343215-35f4-4b9e-8ee0-b1cfe900bb7d">Re: Honeymoon inspiration?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I personally would NOT do a cruise. I just went on a 3-day cruise last month for our anniversary and though I had a fun time, I would not envision that for a honeymoon. Others may disagree with me, and it is a personal preference, but FI and I felt too cramped and there were just too many people around to really enjoy ourselves. Plus it was crazy expensive and in our 3 days away, we spent as much as I would have if we spent 5 days elsewhere. I would consider an all inclusive, or maybe a lodge somewhere. I love the idea of Napa Valley (if you want to stay in the US) or Lake Tahoe if you want to be relatively alone.
    Posted by MamaBear904[/QUOTE]

I agree... I have never been on a cruise, but FI has, and I have done my research... I want more privacy and space than that. So we are doing an all inclusive in Cancun. I vote all inclusive. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're doing a cruise!  Budget-wise it fit and I love cruising.  Plus my FI's never been.  If you have the option, do an all-inclusive though.  If we could afford it, we would have done an all-inclusive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    We were stuck on ideas too, so I  contacted a travel agent and gave her a budget and an idea of what we'd be interested in and she sent us a bunch of options to compare.  That might be easiest for you.

We're leaning towards Riviera Maya right now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards