May 2013 Weddings
Options

1/2 check ...

So someone posted about a cake a little bit ago and it freaked me out we hadn't done anything towards ours ...

Last Saturday FI, MIL and I went to a cake tasting. After tasting 6 different cakes and only agreeing on one, we decided we would come back and taste another time. We did meet with the owner of the store and she showed us HUNDREDS of photos of cakes. We didn't agree on a cake look either, but I did put a deposit down so we have the cake without any actual descriptions. She did say we have up until 2 weeks before the wedding to change it.

My only concern is I was soo distracted with other NWR issues that I didn't get a contract only grabbed the receipt from my deposit. She did write down my name number etc but the paranoid side of me is freaking out. I have this really nice expanded file fulll of all our wedding contracts receipts etc. I've been meaning to call all week but work has been distractful.

Sidenote all of my ladies have finally ordered there dresses expected to come in month before the wedding can't believe it!!!

I still have more to do but tomorrow us May 18th ladies are 4 months out Laughing

Re: 1/2 check ...

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Congrats! 

I wouldn’t worry too much about not getting a contract – the receipt should be sufficient in the event you have any issues.  Our DJ doesn’t do contracts (booked thru the venue) and our florist didn’t either; just a proposal and a receipt.   

My BMs also just ordered their dresses on Wednesday so we can make that check together! J
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy: Invites imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So my paranoia got the best of me and I called my cake lady and tomorrow morning I'm picking up copy of my contract lol
  • Options
    That's exciting! And I'm glad you got the contract all sorted out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards