May 2013 Weddings

Hurricane Sandy. She's a B...

I had to work today. Yup. 8am. The winds are crazy now and the rain is throwing itself against the windows. The kids are terrified. It took me about 10mins to get them from the car to the house. We're not sure if we have to work tomoro yet. FI had to work tonight 6pm-6am, but I cried to get him to change his mind (manipulation) and he agreed to take the 6am-6pm shift today so he should be home in about an hr and a half. Yayy. I refused to be home alone with this storm. They said the worst should be between 8pm-2am with the winds possibly getting as high as 90mph (WTF). The key word in that statement is possibly. I'm hanging on to that word. The electric companies are saying power may be out for 3weeks. (ANOTHER WTF). I have kids. But FMIL has a generator, so we will be there if need be. Any other brides in the DC Area, New York or New Jersey, anywhere in the NE, please be safe. Pray for me, if have to work tomoro. But its 3x my pay.! I CAN'T say no to that.! As long as my kids are safe, I'm good.!
May 2013 January Siggy: Cake.!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hurricane Sandy. She's a B...

• She is a B... I had students all day today, but because kids were out of school, I could give them lessons earlier in the day.  It was better earlier in the day- it's awful now, but I just got home, so yay!  Tomorrow I'm suppose to give a lecture at Berklee College of Music, which I'm really unhappy that that might be canceled :(

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Wow!!! Hang in there ladies!!!
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:The Cake!!!
    cake4
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hope everyone is staying safe, it's starting to get a little crazy here. They evacuated over 2200 people near the lake here. Lights have been flickering.. The worst is on it's way to us now with crazy winds and a declared state of emergency. 

Hang tight everyone! and be safe.
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge
    Cake
    my read shelf:
    Becky's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm from Florida and am quite used to these storms. Everything will be ok. The one thing I know is very difficult is that northern states even north Florida does not prepare regularly because they don't often get storms. So that is one thing that south Florida definitely doesn't let slide. Things like tree trimming, evac plans etc. Just stay calm, buckle down and be safe. Good luck and please let us know you're ok.
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good morning ladies! Power went out at 2 AM and has not come back on yet. No major damage here but a lot of people without power, some flooding and down trees. Most of the houses by the lake got hit pretty bad. We do have some streets closed as well.

Hope everyone else is ok!
    Cake
    my read shelf:
    Becky's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Doing ok here in Western MA... power outages, trees down, but still doing ok... Have some friends in NYC that I haven't been able to get in touch with yet, so I'm a little nervous for them... This thing really hit NYC and NJ hard. Yikes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

May 2013 - January - Cake Inspiration!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_hurricane-sandy-shes-a-b?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:3227de9c-15b2-4142-bd54-694110eb889aPost:4b2fd2d0-969e-4fb6-837b-6b2db747fad6">Re: Hurricane Sandy. She's a B...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Doing ok here in Western MA... power outages, trees down, but still doing ok... Have some friends in NYC that I haven't been able to get in touch with yet, so I'm a little nervous for them... This thing really hit NYC and NJ hard. Yikes!
    Posted by DivaJenD[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I heard on the radio that most cell towers and stuff are down so it's like impossible to get ahold of anyone. And I guess Obama declared NYC and Long Island a major disaster area. Hope all the ladies in that area are ok.</div><div>
    </div>
    Cake
    my read shelf:
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Glad to hear you ladies are doing ok. What we are seeing on tv is outrageous. So much water... fingers crossed that everyone is ok out there!
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SL815SL815 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    It was definately crazy!  We are right outside of Boston and had bad winds - lost power yesterday (luckily came back a few hours ago), the siding and some shutters were ripped off the house and trees down everywhere.  I can't really complain seeing what happened in NYC, the coast of CT (where I grew up) and NJ.  Hope everyone is safe!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards