May 2013 Weddings

wedding planning

I have been doing it all alone and sunday I really felt bummed. I felt like I couldnt get an opinion out of anyone when i said "i think i want to do orchids for my bouquets" i got oh thats nice I am doing calla lilies I just felt like no one cared to listen

Then my grandma called my family are my catorers so I jusr said you decide I cannot plan anymore of it I dont care. She laughed and said im not being the boss. She named foods I said great. This morning I look at the food list and its perfect so glad I was having a nervious break down lol so i ended up getting her to plan it without her feeling like she told me. I found my flowers fake but gorgeous sunday night last night i made a liquor list and found my invites im a little behind on that. Last night i spoke with a shop about suits she is giving me a quote tonight and monday is my first hair trial. I am feeling better again. Anyone else having wedding melt down?

Re: wedding planning

• And this morning my cake baker has gotten back to me on the price of the cake i feel relief
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_wedding-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:3a2b0e27-fe88-46a7-92e0-93a70419ebc2Post:40350e4b-8ce9-485f-8b96-c9e817e96b16">wedding planning</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have been doing it all alone and sunday I really felt bummed.<strong> I felt like I couldnt get an opinion out of anyone when i said "i think i want to do orchids for my bouquets" i got oh thats nice I am doing calla lilies I just felt like no one cared to listen </strong> Then my grandma called my family are my catorers so I jusr said you decide I cannot plan anymore of it I dont care. She laughed and said im not being the boss. She named foods I said great. This morning I look at the food list and its perfect so glad I was having a nervious break down lol so i ended up getting her to plan it without her feeling like she told me. I found my flowers fake but gorgeous sunday night last night i made a liquor list and found my invites im a little behind on that. Last night i spoke with a shop about suits she is giving me a quote tonight and monday is my first hair trial. I am feeling better again. Anyone else having wedding melt down?
    Posted by kbeveritt[/QUOTE]

<div>What kind of response did you expect? You have to remember that nobody is going to care as much about your wedding as you do. </div><div>
    </div><div>If you're sick of planning alone, you should probably talk to your FI about that and ask him to start pitching in and helping with decisions. </div>

• Having a FI that is not that interested in wedding details is a double edge sword. It is nice to be able to just do thinks but also frustrating not having someone to bounce ideas off of. You can't have it both ways.
  • I guess i expected atleast my mother to have some interest. I didnt expect every choice would be me debating with me. I was hoping she would have some input. Maybe have a two minute convo about my wedding that isnt turned into a whole convo about her wedding. I know more about her wedding then she knows about mine. Her soon to be mil asked her what i was doing for my wedding and she said I dont know. This convo was told to me by my mother.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_wedding-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:3a2b0e27-fe88-46a7-92e0-93a70419ebc2Post:626d37d5-8cd8-43f8-9c00-9c12412802fb">Re:wedding planning</a>:
    [QUOTE]I guess i expected atleast my mother to have some interest. I didnt expect every choice would be me debating with me. I was hoping she would have some input. Maybe have a two minute convo about my wedding that isnt turned into a whole convo about her wedding. I know more about her wedding then she knows about mine. Her soon to be mil asked her what i was doing for my wedding and she said I dont know. This convo was told to me by my mother.
    Posted by kbeveritt[/QUOTE]

<div>Did you outright ask for her input? Or tell her that you would love it if she helped you with your planning? She might think you're just bouncing thoughts and ideas off of her and not aware that you'd like to hear her opinion.</div><div>
    </div><div>On the other hand, some moms just aren't into wedding planning, sorry to say. </div>

• I agree. This is my second wedding and both times, most people could care less what challenges I was facing or what decisions had to be made. That is why I enjoy chatting wth the girls on this board. They help me make decision when I need help. FI has been involved in as much as I let him. Most of the time, I just run my ideas by him and ask if he has an opinion or a preference and he pretty much lets me do what I want. It can be frustrating at times, but I agree with PP. No one will care as much about your wedding as you do.
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards