May 2013 Weddings
Options

Any advice/tips/ideas!?

I've already been engaged for almost 6 months, but I just started planning! I'm so excited! 
I'm still in college to become a pharmacist. I am waiting until May 2013 so that I can be halfway done with school! And I want to be 21! 
Right now I'm just a pharmacy technician and a student. My fiance is a volunteer firefighter and a cook. We've been together for 4 and a half years and can't wait to be married! We haven't picked an exact date, I would like it to be our anniversary, (5/6/07) but it doesn't fall on a weekend, So I'm thinking maybe May 18th, a Saturday! We've picked black, red, and white for our color scheme.
My mom isn't really into planning and doesn't have much money to contribute, so I really need help, ideas, and support! Let me know if you can help me think of any ideas! I don't even know where to start!
Shane and I started putting $20 each aside weekly for our wedding. Wouldn't it be nice to win the lottery! haha

Re: Any advice/tips/ideas!?

• Options
    My fiance and I are also in university (teacher and accountant in the making). Since our friends are from all over the country, we are having our wedding May 11 (two weeks after end of term) so everyone can attend without losing too much work time. Family equals worker bees for DIY projects to save money. Our families aren't putting any money toward the wedding (we won't let them), but they are helping us save money. My future father in-law is our DJ (incredible CD collection) and my fiance's grandmother is baking our cake. My father and his friends are providing accomodations for those who don't have RV's or tents (our wedding is in a small town that doesn't have a hotel, just a campground). We havn't figured out the rest yet, but know we are doing the food ourselves.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards