Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

DJ pricing/recs

Hello everyone. I know a girl getting married who is looking for a DJ but she is not sure how much DJ's run and it has been 3 years since I got married so I am not sure what the going rate for a decent DJ is either, so I told her I would come here and ask you ladies. What is the price range for a decent DJ for a Saturday fall wedding?Do you have any recs that I can give her?I already gave her:DJ Magic Moments  (DJ Scott)Piefmaster ProductionsDJ PaulThose are the only 3 I really know. Thanks so much in advance for your help ladies.

Re: DJ pricing/recs

• Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so excited to use DJ Andy Booth!  Many ladies on this board have used him and love him.  There are other recommended DJs in the sticky post at the top of the board that will be helpful for your friend.It is easy to find a great DJ in Pittsburgh for less than $1,000- even significantly less!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My DJ was $595 for my whole 6 hour reception. I'd say that price is about average, give or take a little. My DJ was David Vint- no website, but I can email you contact info if you'd like. I was pleased with him- only major thing was he didn't play the bouquet toss song. There's also the list of recommended vendors at the top of the page. HTH!
  • Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Bob Kornrumpf from XELA Sound.  He was only $600 for our 7 hr reception.  He kept people on the floor and was an absolute hoot to work with!  Very professional but very fun.  And he didn't talk the whole night like other DJs I've heard.  email me at pghknottie.jenn [at] gmail [dot] com if you want his contact info!

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Andy Booth also. HIGHLY recommended. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    dingdongnwifedingdongnwife member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kim, that would be great if you could email me his info for her. I am not sure of her budget but I know most DJ's she was finding were between $900-1100 and I think that was out of their price range. My email is dingdongnwife617 at yahoo dot comThanks so much. I looked at the vendor list too...so I am going to forward her those names as well. Thank you!
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jodi Colella of Accents Unlimited was excellent!  I highly recommend her!http://www.accentsunlimited.net
  • Options
    9240592405 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No problem, I don't have his info at work, so I'll send it to you when I get home this evening. $900-$1100 seems very, very high!
  • Options
    missizzmissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $1000-$1500 isn't unheard of.  We paid $1100 I think.  It was worth every single penny.  We loved our DJ!
  • Options
    Er&JerLemEr&JerLem member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Missizz - our DJ was wonderful!!  And, at that point, every one we talked to was on that range.  It would've been nice to spend less, but since we talked to 3 or 4 in that range, I figured at the time that it was the norm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards