May 2013 Weddings
Options

Flower Wholesale.?!

So I never knew that these stores existed.! Instead of a florist, I'm seriously thinking of buying the flowers in bulk, and making everything. Ceremony/reception flowers are provided thru my venue's decoration package, so I just need bouquets, boutenniere's, and centerpiece flowers. I'm already making my centerpieces, so why not make bouquets.?? No need for a florist. More money for my honeymoon..
May 2013 January Siggy: Cake.!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Flower Wholesale.?!

• Options
    I think the key will be whether or not you will have enough time based on all you are doing and what your time is worth. My wedding is at 11:30, meaning my whole day-of is shot, so if I do anything (especially if it involves fresh stuff like flowers) will either have to be bought or done late the evening before.
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_flower-wholesale?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:572ae179-3eeb-42ff-a568-c1c37a5eaeadPost:b9bc47ee-4c61-442a-a2d5-e1a169dca9a4">Re: Flower Wholesale.?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the key will be whether or not you will have enough time based on all you are doing and what your time is worth. My wedding is at 11:30, meaning my whole day-of is shot, so if I do anything (especially if it involves fresh stuff like flowers) will either have to be bought or done late the evening before.
    Posted by MamaBear904[/QUOTE]

My wedding is at 6:30pm, so I was thinking to get hair and make up done early, then grab by MOH and put together the bouquets before we start to get dressed which is around 4:00.
    May 2013 January Siggy: Cake.!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_flower-wholesale?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:572ae179-3eeb-42ff-a568-c1c37a5eaeadPost:7f4b5d23-d0aa-4ab9-b6a7-ee9dd2e6e916">Re: Flower Wholesale.?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flower Wholesale.?! : My wedding is at 6:30pm, so I was thinking to get hair and make up done early, then grab by MOH and put together the bouquets before we start to get dressed which is around 4:00.
    Posted by shano06[/QUOTE]
    My wedding is at the same time and I am using a flower whole sale instead of a florist. It is so much cheaper. My sister did the same thing and spent $100.00 on all her flowers including the bouquets and the centerpieces
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    192 invited image
    69 will be there image
    5 will be missing out image
     118 haven't RSVP'Dimage
    RSVP Deadline: May 3rd
  • Options
    I'm somewhere in the middle- I'm likely getting my flowers from a wholesaler, but they are making the bouquets and two arrangements for the ceremony. That way it's still pretty cheap, but I don't have to worry about getting them made up. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I went with SAMS for the church and the reception and had a local flower shop do my flowers all my flowers for 450! Was so excited! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards