Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

High-waisted Pants

This is a completely random and out of the blue question - but are they in style, or were they ever really?I've seen them in department stores and was just curious - I've never really see anyone wearing them - except celebs.  I think sometimes I like them, but other times they look awful - depending on how they're worn.

Re: High-waisted Pants

• Options
    New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    On me, they look silly. However, I do like high-waisted skirts (as in pencil skirts) for a little bit of a retro look.
  • Options
    Er&JerLemEr&JerLem member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the high-waisted skirts as well.I tried on a pair of high-waisted pants and kind of liked them - but I'm afraid to buy them.  I typically stay away from things that are really trendy because I'm scared I really can't pull it off.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think most normal women don't wear them because they give them muffin tops. I have a few high-waisted skirts and like those better than the pants.
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dig the skirts. but the pants not so much, even on celebs I can't see anything but ugly pants.
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They look uncomfy to me, and I don't think I could pull them off anyway b/c I'm so short. I don't know if they were officially a trend ever, but I've never seen anyone wear them either. I say stick with regular waistlines- that's always "in".
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The high waisted pant is not good IMO. I do agree that the high waisted pencil skirt is great for those that can pull it off. I don't want low rise that show crack and don't want high waist. Can't there be a middle waist without being Mom Jeans!?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also stay away from them b/c they'll fall out of fashion quicker and get less use in my wardrobe, and I think I would look really bad in them b/c my legs are like 3/4 of my body lol.And LOL, I thought high waisted ones were "mom jeans?"  Does anyone remember the really high wasted pants that were litterally worn right under the boobs w/ suspenders a la the TV show "Blossom?"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah, I guess high-waist are Mom Jeans... although Mid-waist seem to be Mom-Jeans-ish now too. Hahaha - I remember the jeans on Blossom. A-maze-balls!
  • Options
    missizzmissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love high waisted pants!  They don't work for me, but I love them if you can pull them off.  Love love love high waisted skirts too![img]http://www.starpulse.com/news/media/pickler1_01.jpg[/img]  [img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UJc3l6I2cu4/SWZFI1qpg7I/AAAAAAAABGo/KcrmvfvocBE/s400/ribbon+high+waisted+skirt.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    S - I really like them in that picture.  Then I see this one.(Although - Mischa Barton doesn't tend to have the greatest sense of fashion, anyway, IMO.)[img]http://www.fabulousafter40.com/images/mischa-high-waist-pants.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never seen a non celeb wear the high waisted pants, but I think beyonce can rock them. If you like them though, and they are reasonably priced foran uber trendy piece, I would try it!  We only live once, and why not? I wouldn't waste a lot of money on a short term trend piece, but that's just me.I also echo the waisted skirt sentiments. 
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    missizzmissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mischa Barton doesn't really have the body to pull off high waisted pants.  My skinny sister has some high waisted pants and skirts that look amazing on her.  E, I really do think you could pull it off.  I think that the trick to wearing high waisted pants is pairing it with the right type of top- I think that's actually harder than pulling off the look of the pants.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, S.  I agree the top makes a lot of difference.  It's definitely a trend for certain body types.Like skinny jeans - which I don't think I could ever pull off.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    E, I said the same thing about skinnys. Then I bought my first pair this weekend :P
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jenn - you have a great body to pull those off.  I feel like my legs are way too big to even fit in a pair. 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My legs are long, but I've got big thighs. However, I realized that my thighs looks exactly the same to me no matter what kind of leg style is going on below the knee, so I might as well go trendy (and not have to fold my jeans to stuff them into boots)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have too many bad memories of me in my puberty phase wearing high waisted jeans and skinny jeans. Ah - growing up in the 70s and 80s was great. :P I can't go back there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the high-waisted pants that Stace posted. If I could find those, I'd totally rock them. I'm a huge fan of high waisted skirts and wear them to work often.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree w/ the shirt being just as important.  I have a high waisted skirt, and I"m always at a loss for what top to wear with it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards