May 2013 Weddings
Options

FMIL is crazy, y'all (T-Giving related)

Sorry. Its long and confusing...

Ok, so FI and I bought our home in March. We had a Housewarming party in May. At that time, FI announced to his mother that he would like to host Thanksgiving Dinner at our house (instead of his sisters house as usual) because he's been very excited about having a home to share during the holidays. We had his parents over about a month ago for dinner and FI reminded his parents that he wanted to host Tgiving here. All was well. 

Well, two weeks ago, FMIL announces that one of FIs nephews wants to host T-giving dinner at his home at 3pm so his wife "J" can have her family there. No problem. We're hosting at 5pm, and anyone who wants to come is welcome, but we are not going there because my family will be in town and they don't know FIs extended family. 

Then FMIL calls me Friday to say how disappointed she is that "J" is wanting to host T-giving dinner and that she is causing the family to split up (thinking that we are hosting dinner because we do not feel comfortable going to "J"s house) She then calls FIs sister to ask if she will host dinner to "restore tradition". 

Meanwhile FI is losing his mind because every time he talks to his mother a) she doesn't let him speak and b) when he does get to speak, she doesn't listen and then c) when she finally hears something, she changes information arround making it incorrect. Somehow she has conveniently forgotten that all along we wanted to host Tgiving here. And she talkes to everyone separately and says "Well so and so said this..." putting words in peoples mouths. So frustrated. . . 

So at this point, we are having dinner here at 5pm Thursday and we have no idea who is or is not coming from FIs family. 
May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: FMIL is crazy, y'all (T-Giving related)

• Options
    Grrrrr she sounds a little nuts!  That's incredibly frustrating!  Have a nice Thanksgiving, even if FI's family doesn't come!

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Wow, good luck with that. 

May 2013 January Siggy Challenge
    Cake
    my read shelf:
    Becky's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds like my FMIL... She FLIPPED out on FI on Sunday because she forgot he told her we wern't going to be around Thursday and Friday and she was "out of the loop."

Feel your pain :( I hope you and FI have a lovely dinner no matter what happens! People Be Crazy...
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    We are definitely looking forward to having dinner in our home. Hopefully the drama will just stay away and we can enjoy a nice evening. I just hope this kind of drama does not make its way to our wedding. This is EXACTLY why I am planning everything and not asking for help from ANYONE!
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OMG!!! What a pain! Hope it is all sorted out before tomorrow!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    wow, that's crazy. i'd be inclined (if i was your FI) to call her on it. People never stop behavior like that as long as they think they can get away with it.
    Jackie (Photographer by trade) & Patrick (Military Police Officer)
    May 18, 2013
    "I Love My Wounded Warrior"
    May 2013 Brides November Sig: The venue
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards