Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Interesting Photographer Experience

Hello Ladies,

My fiance and I had  very interesting/upsetting experience w/a photographer recently & I wanted to post it here to see if any of you had a similar experience or like us think it was very unprofessional.  The photographer was actually on the list of pgh knotties preferred vendors so I was very surprised with what happened. I absolutely loved this photographer's work on their website so I had contacted them to find out about availabilty & pricing. After some e-mail correspndance that had included me telling them some details of my wedding such as the reception venue we planned a meeting.  The meeting started out with the photographer saying how important the clients were & they started showing us some of their work.  After they had shown us their portfolio they asked us some questions about the details of our wedding. After we were done the photographer informed us that they were never really interested in photographing anything at our reception venue.  They then said that only had a few spots left for weddings & that our wedding was too similiar to the other weddings that were booked & that they were going to "pass on photographing our wedding" & hold out for more interesting opportunities b/c they didn't want to get burnt out taking pictures of the same thing.  Now I don't really believe that this photographer really cares about the clients as much as they say & is really more interested about their career based on other things said.  Has anyone else had something similiar happen?  If you would like to know the name of the photographer just send me a private message.

Re: Interesting Photographer Experience

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's crazy...I've never heard of that before.

YGPM from me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's definitely a strange situation.

However, just because you meet with a photographer or correspond with them doesn't mean they are necessarily going to accept your offer of hiring them. It's just like you accepting or declining a job offer. Should they have told you before the meeting that they weren't interested? Sure. But photographers have to be interested in their careers as well as their clients. This is their 9 to 5 and having people hire them depends upon their work. 

I'm not trying to necessarily defend the photog, but you have to think of it from their side too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oo, missed this one. Wow, I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

I will PM you too!
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YGPM from me too
  • Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear about your experience.. that would have really turned me off and I honestly have never heard of that happening to anyone.

YGPM from me!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My PM isnt working but can you PM me the name? thanks!
  • Options
    ShleeASTShleeAST member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh that is awful!! I have never heard of anyone doing that! I mean like a job is a job! If you are willing to pay them for their services they should give you their service! Sorry you had to go through that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards