May 2013 Weddings

Assigned Tables or Sit Wherever?

Here's my dilema, originally I wanted people to just sit wherever they wanted with the exception of reserved tables for our parents. We are having a buffet style meal so it doesn't really matter where people sit. The only thing is, we have 188 invited and the venue has 200 seats. My fear is that if I do open seating, a table of 8 will end up with only 4 people sitting there and families may be split up because there isn't room at a table. I think I would rather have the table filled and just do assigned tables, but I'm really not sure. Thoughts and opinions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge: Cake image

Re: Assigned Tables or Sit Wherever?

• With 180 people invited to our wedding, we are doing assigned seating so people know where to go and it's not 30 minutes of people wandering around trying to figure out where to sit.
  • We're having assigned tables.
  • Honestly assigned seating is a pain in the butt, but it makes for way less chaos. I just recently went to a wedding with 200 people where she did not do assigned seating and it was a hot mess so I would definitley do assigned seating. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    192 invited image
    69 will be there image
    5 will be missing out image
     118 haven't RSVP'Dimage
    RSVP Deadline: May 3rd
  • We are doing assigned tables
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:The Cake!!!
    cake4
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks everyone for your input, I definitely think assigned tables is the way to go with this many people invited. I wanted to avoid having to do assigned tables but I think it'll be way easier for everyone invited.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge: Cake image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_assigned-tables-or-sit-wherever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:c2404663-573a-4883-b7ab-0ae43487c77dPost:cde218aa-f105-4644-add2-a5cde71e914a">Re: Assigned Tables or Sit Wherever?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone for your input, I definitely think assigned tables is the way to go with this many people invited. I wanted to avoid having to do assigned tables but I think it'll be way easier for everyone invited.
    Posted by Carson386[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree this is the best thing to do, I'm not looking forward to putting our table assignments together either though lol.</div>
    Trying to conceive #1 since January 2013
    My Ovulation Chart
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_assigned-tables-or-sit-wherever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:c2404663-573a-4883-b7ab-0ae43487c77dPost:e8ae777b-82eb-4259-b3b6-725eb0a510c8">Assigned Tables or Sit Wherever?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here's my dilema, originally I wanted people to just sit wherever they wanted with the exception of reserved tables for our parents. We are having a buffet style meal so it doesn't really matter where people sit. The only thing is, we have 188 invited and the venue has 200 seats. My fear is that if I do open seating, <strong>a table of 8 will end up with only 4 people sitting there and families may be split up because there isn't room at a table.</strong> I think I would rather have the table filled and just do assigned tables, but I'm really not sure. Thoughts and opinions?
    Posted by Carson386[/QUOTE]

<div>This is the exact problem with open seating.  I wanted open seating too because it seemed more relaxed, but then I thought about the above issue and changed my mind.</div>

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm not gonna lie, I would feel a little flustered if I went to wedding without assigned seating. It's always kinda fun to see where your table is, and I would not want to have to decide who I wanted to sit by.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards