• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2013 Weddings

Introduction, hey everybody :0)

Hi there,
  Newly-engaged here and we've all but decided on May 25th, 2013.  We wanted 9/15/12 but the venue (a museum) is closed for renovations, so our next choice was May and May of '12 is just too soon.  I'm excited to chat with you ladies and bounce ideas.  

I'm a preschool teacher and he's an engineer who works out of town.  I'll be planning most of this myself and he'll just approve or veto my ideas (oh, and pay for it!  haha).  On that note, we're paying for the whole thing ourselves, so our budget is probably a lot smaller than a lot of yours.  I'm excited though, and can't wait to actually book something so the reality of the situation sinks in.  We've been together just over 3 years, while he lived abroad for two of them.  He moved back home in December 2010 and we bought a house this June.  Most of our family and friends have been asking for months now when we'd get engaged because we kind of went backwards as far as most people are concerned.  It worked for us though and now I'm really excited.  It sucks that its almost 2 years away, but that gives us lots of time to pay things off and also for me to complete my degree.  Yay!  Congrats everybody!!
Meghan

PS...does anybody already have colors or a theme picked out?  We literally started planning this last week so I'm still WAY in the dark about that stuff.  I have like 6 color schemes in mind lol.
September 2012 Brides March siggy challenge: Fav registry item so far...Bunn Coffee Maker!
Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards