May 2013 Weddings
Options

Napkins

When I had my meeting with my venue last week, they asked me how I'd like my napkins folded.  I didn't really think about it but I thought maybe a pocket fold with the menu inserted.  Until I saw an episode of David Tutera last night.  It was  wedding where there were tons of pearls everywhere (we're doing a pearl theme in the decor too!) and they had pearl napkin rings... Now I want pearl napkin rings!

How could I DIY pearl napkin rings inexpensively?  Has anybody else thought about how they will fold their napkins?

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Napkins

• Options
    Mine will be pocket folded on the plate to hold the silverwear.
    If you could find napkinrings cheap I would just hot glue craft pearls on.. or something similar..
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    I saw a post on this on the DIY board.  Basically someone said to use the cardboard from toilet paper as a base then you can wrap fabric around it and probably hot glue craft pearls like turtleslove said.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I really love the bow napkin fold right now. Even more I love that a simple ribbon will work as a napkin ring so it's inexpensive. http://www.sugarandcharmblog.com/2011/07/bowtie-napkin-fold.html Big fan of pearls in general and love that you are including them in your decor. They are just so classic.
    May 2013 Siggy: Venue image
  • Options
    jmozul: good to know that toilet paper rolls are the right size.  thanks!
    ggoughen: i love the bow tie!

My mom (she's the crafty person in my family) came up with the idea of getting strands of gray and pink pearl beads (gray, pink and ivory are our wedding colors and the napkin is ivory) at Michaels and twisting them together to create the napkin ring.  I think I'm going to go to Michaels and see how much they are.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Those are all good ideas. I would soon if you do that. My napkins will be folded like a flower and be inside the water goblets. 
  • Options
    This site had several different options of folds
    http://www.napkinfoldingguide.com/

and I am possibly doing this one with the menu tucked in.
    http://www.napkinfoldingguide.com/17-silverwarepouch/

I love the idea of a DIY pearl napkin ring. Sounds beautiful!
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If I seen a picture I could give you an idea how. And then I just might steal the idea! If you don't mind.
    May 2013 October Siggy - The Honeymoon Walt Disney & Daytona Beach imageFollow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards