May 2013 Weddings

Surprise!

I wrote about the shower in the E forum, but I forgot to mention it here and I am very excited. My cousin (one of my bridesmaids) threw me a surprise shower for my Illinois relatives because they can't come to my Missouri shower. It was lovely. 

I didn't think I would have more than one shower. My church hosts one for everyone who is getting married or having their first baby and I have really been looking forward to it. They aren't super big and there are so many showers that most ladies just put in $10 each and go in on a group gift, so even if there are quite a few people there, you don't get very much. I grew up in the church though and those ones tend to have the biggest attendance. I'm not expecting to get much at the shower, so it was a really nice surprise for my cousin to do this for me.

Since I'm not expecting much, I have been buying a few things here and there when they are on really good sales. I get 10% back at Macy's when I do that so it's a big savings watching for sales and such. I would wait until after the wedding, but the money we get will go towards paying off the wedding and honeymoon...so I won't be getting it if I don't buy it. :P 

I'm most excited about receivingTHE bridal shower staple, a KitchenAid stand mixer! It's Aqua Sky and is the most beautiful appliance I have ever seen! I cannot wait to make things! I registered for the meat grinder now that I have the mixer and my FI is very excited about that. Lol. Who else has that on their registry or already has one and what color is it?

Re: Surprise!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards