Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

How much?

Hi everyone, I haven't posted here in ages but needed some help. My wedding is next weekend and two of my moms cosmetic employees (shes the manager at a deparment store) are coming to my house to do my makeup and 4 other girls. They will be there for two and  half hours at the most. How much would you pay them? We were thinking of giving each girl 40 dollars...too much? Too little?

Also, my mom thought it might be nice to give them a gift card to their favorite restaurant to go to for lunch in the mall while they are at work. Do you think cash or the gift card would be better?

Thanks!

Re: How much?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think either works, but gift card is cuter, more personal idea.
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jezebelljezebell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the gift card idea.  However, cold, hard cash is always good.  Can you compromise and do both?

I'm jealous you got connections! lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm not sure what's correct with pricing, but that price sounds fine IMO. I think both cash and gift cards are appropriate, but I'd only give gift cards if you know some places they like.

Yay for being 10 days away! Are you all set?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your responses guys!  I am pretty much all set...I need to finish printing the table numbers and print the programs and tie up some loose ends, like finishing the bridesmaids gifts, but other than that, I'm pretty calm and collected! I'm sure that will change next week though when I start panicking about little things!
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would go cash- it seems more like a proper "payment," IMO, whereas a gift card would be like a present or a thank-you to someone for doing a favor. 

We're paying my makeup artist a little more than that, but I'm sure if your mom thinks it's fine and knows the two ladies then it's an appropriate amount.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards