Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Thin hair: NEED RECOMMENDATIONS

I have fairly thin blonde hair, which is naturally strait and need some recommendations for ways to thicken it up. My wedding is in March, so I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do much before then, however its worth a shot!

Currently I'm using Morroccan oil products (shampoo, conditioner, masks & the morroccan oil leave in conditioner). Suprisingly it doesnt leave my hair greasy and makes it softer. However it doesnt do much to thicken it.

I also take hair and nail vitamins. I want more of a fast solution to making it thicker. Also would love for it to grow faster! It currently is a little past my shoulders. Ideas?

Reccomendations???

THANKS MUCH!

Re: Thin hair: NEED RECOMMENDATIONS

• The fastest solution would be fake hair (weave/extentions/etc.) though I would not suggest trying this unless you find someone trained in it because it can look VERY fake if done incorrectly. 

My hair is blonde as well and it's rather thin but i've worn extentions sewn in (underneath) many times to wear in an updo and you could not tell. 

It is costly, since you'll be taking pictures i'd suggest buying real hair and not synthetic, though some people will tell you that you can get away with the cheaper stuff. 

Might not be the solution you choose, but it's an option. Something to look into, there is a ton of terminology associated with it, so your best bet would be to speak with someone trained in it, i'm lucky enough to work with someone who is ;)
  • edited January 2012
    I have really thin hair as well. I have been taking pre-natal vitamins not because I'm pregnant or trying... My hair stylist told me it will help all around with my hair. My hair typically grows R-E-A-L-L-Y slow. I've been taking the vitamins for the last couple months now, when I started my hair was just above my shoulders and now it is about 3 inches longer and feels healthier. I got the vitamins at Target for like $15. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have also heard that taking pre-natal vitamins will make your hair grow really quickly. I couldn't tell you how many people have told me that hair grew phenomenonally fast when they started taking those vitamins. I'm actually about to start. I also figure that since we're getting married we will probably also get pregnant in a few years. The pre-natal vitamins will help your hair, and your body really needs a lot of the things contained in the vitamins several years before you actually get pregnant. I hope I haven't gone too far in my advice (haha). Good luck!!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards