Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Prenatal Vitamins

I have really fine, thin hair and I have heard that taking prenatal vitamins can help.  I am thinking of trying this.  Has anyone else done this?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Birthday

Re: Prenatal Vitamins

• egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    I knew girls that did this for prom in high school, not sure if it works or not.  I imagine it's the same thing as nails- pre-natal vitamins help if you're vitamin deficient, but if you already get a lot of calcium, then it's not going to do much.  Your hair type is your hair type though, but considering pre-natal vitamins are inexpensive, I'd try them.
  • i'm doing that now... it not a miracle working.. but my hair looks healthier just still not growing.. ive tried everything!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have been doing this for about a month to help my hair that thinned following a near deathly illness. I'm seeing some results now that it's been a few weeks. It is a slow process. Keratasse also makes a shampoo that seems to help as well. Eating a healthy, high protein diet with veggies and whole grains is helping too. Good luck!
  • I think they would work.  Just remember that the wonderful effects of longer nails and thicker hair that pregnant women sport is also due to hormones, not solely to the vitamins.
  • I have taken them before, they are a double dose of a multi-vitamin so be sure you're eating correctly with them and be careful because your body wont be used to the sudden double intake.  I def noticed a difference in my hair, nails and skin.  You can also take biotin/vitamin B complex to help strengthen the same areas without the double dosed vitamin.  This isn't a professional opinion, but it's something I've used.
  • They make vitamins called Hair, Skin and Nails. Not sure how much they differ from what is in prenatal vitamins.
    Sept. 13 March Siggy Challenge: hair inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I took them while I was pregnant and not even the vitamins plus the hormones did anything for me! Hair extensions can help though if you wanted to use those. I have the same type of hair, really thing and fine and curls fall out very easily, I used to use clip in hair net with extensions to give my hair more body and the style lasted longer over all. Ask your hair stylist what kind of hair spray he recommends and keep a travel size bottle with you for the reception and pictures. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards