Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Destination wedding-Leaving Saturday-When should I get my nails done??

Hi,

I'm leaving Saturday for my destination wedding, which is on the 28th of April. I wanted to go get my nails/eyebrow's done. I don't want to do it too soon, but it would be cheaper to get it done in my hometown, so I would like to save some $$ if possible~Suggestions please!

Re: Destination wedding-Leaving Saturday-When should I get my nails done??

• Eyebrows, I'd do a little in advance anyway, if you're leaving on the 28th, i'd have them done on the 26th.

Nails, depends on what you're doing, natural nail manicure or are you having acrylics, gels or tips put on?

If you're doing a natural nail manicure, I'd wait until the 28th, depending on when you're leaving and "invest" (i say invest but I think a bottle is like maybeee $6 retail) in a good top coat that you can take with you to apply every other day or so. THIN coats though, don't glob it on or its going to look bad, a little goes a long way.
    My fave top coat is the seche vite fast dry top coat, I'm pretty sure you can pick it up at Sally's but places like drugstores I'm almost positive don't carry it.

Something to think about though, depending on when and where your wedding is, a natural nail manicure probably won't cost you THAT much more money and it might be a nice thing to treat yourself to the day before your wedding if you'll be at your destination more than a few days before you get married. 

my_wedding_original Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • have you considered getting shellac nails (I think thats what its called)? I haven't tried them but apparently they don't chip or smear or anything. you actually can't remove it with nail polish remover so you'd have to go back to the salon when you want it off, but it sounds like it would be a hassle-free way to get your nails done in advance without worrying about ruining them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards