Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Suggestions on how to find a hair/makeup person??

So I am one of those girls that has had basically the same longish hair for years and I typically just get it trimmed a few times a year and wear it down or just get it blown out for a fancy event. I have a place I go for trims, but I can't say as I LOVE my salon or know much about their wedding work and they don't do makeup that I am aware of.

I am thinking I might feel better going somewhere that specilizes or has more experience with weddings and I am not sure where to go. I used to be in theatre and had headshots done about 8 years ago and I had emailed the person who did my hair and makeup for that who lists that she also does weddings. She said she'd do it, but did not ask for payment to hold the date and has not emailed me or anything since and that was back in the early Fall. I am just a bit concerned that she might not really want the job since she comes to your site and it would only be her minimum amount of services. She also specializes more in TV and photos, although I did look great in those pics. Do you think I should email her again or maybe find someone that just does weddings?

If so, how to I choose someone from the many folks that advertise these services? Most people I know go to fancier salons or already have hairstylists they love.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards