Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

candy table???

Did anybody do a candy table at their wedding as the favor?? What are your thoughts on them?? Did the guests enjoy it? Did you use a company to do the work or did you buy the candy yourself? Any input is welcome! Thanks ladies :)

Re: candy table???

• We are considering doing one. A friend of mine did one at her wedding at the end of last year and the guests seemed to really enjoy it.

It seems like its one of those things that you can do without spending too much, too!
  • We're doing one. We've decided to buy candy in bulk online, and are collecting cute vintage glassware from flea markets to serve it in. So far we've been shopping around and it looks like everything will be pretty easy to put together ourselves. I've been to a few weddings where they've done candy tables and they were a hit with everyone, and I'm not much of a wedding cookie person so it seemed like a perfect thing to have. I found some super cute favor boxes via http://www.thestationerysuite.com and am just adding some monogrammed stickers to each for a personal touch.
    Photobucket
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • We're also doing one. My cousin runs a boutique candy company in Ohio, so we're using her to make the candy for something a little different - but I basically am doing the same thing as PhotoDerby as far as packable boxes. 
  • People seem to really like the candy table.  However, if you are having kids at your reception you might want to think a little more about it.  After eating the candy at my friend's reception the kids were really boisterous and one ended up throwing up.
  • no kids at my wedding except my flower girls & ring bearer, who we'll keep an eye on while at the candy table! thanks so much PhotoDerby for the tip on the boxes!
    I called the pittsburgh candy company and they're asking $675 for a candy table which is just CRAZY to me! I'll start looking online at candy and boxes! Thanks ladies :)
  • We are just incorporating some candy into the cookie table.  I don't think we need both, but I've seen some cute ideas that I would like to use.  I would be skinned alive if I didn't have a cookie table!

Katie's Kandy near the Waterfront does weddings.
  • We did one in October and it went beautifully. We had maybe a bag of candy or two left total, and we went overboard in buying it. We got smaill cookie sleeve bags from etsy to discourgae people from taking too much. it was a great idea and the guests loved it since many did not eat cake or cookies. we got our candy from sams, actually, since it was around halloween, and it was a bit cheaper. 
  • Im not doing one but I dont really like candy or sweets. Plus it is really expensive to buy all the candy and jars.
  • We are doing one for our wedding in July. I saw the Pittsburgh Candy buffet at a Bridal show this fall.  The prices were really good. I was able to pick out so many different kinds of candy.  The man from the company, Chris, is so nice. He designed really cute boxes for the candy to go in. That is also included in the very reasonable price! Chris says he comes to your venue, and decorates the candy with lights and whatever your theme is. We are getting it tied in with our cookie table. I was able to pick out different colors, lighting, mirrors, and ribbons for the table. I think its going to look great. It is nice too because we are just going to use these candy boxes as our gifts for our guests. 
    I would google Pittsburgh Candy Buffet. I am so excited!
  • We used <a href="http://www.penneventsllc.com" title="Penn Events" rel="nofollow">Penn Events</a> (I reviewed them on here earlier) for our candy buffet!  They were a lot cheaper than some others we contacted and we loved everything about it!

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_candy-table?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:17b2b94c-3738-4c08-983f-bf9f0d0ff932Post:f5bc6e9e-1c24-4597-a6bb-49b261051d83">candy table???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did anybody do a candy table at their wedding as the favor?? What are your thoughts on them?? Did the guests enjoy it? Did you use a company to do the work or did you buy the candy yourself? Any input is welcome! Thanks ladies :)
    Posted by thekorsans[/QUOTE]
  • I'm very surprised you're saying they were reasonably priced. I got a quote from them and they wanted almost $700, for CANDY!!! that's just crazy! maybe you have less people coming to your wedding, i have 150.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_candy-table?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:17b2b94c-3738-4c08-983f-bf9f0d0ff932Post:c196c307-2a65-461c-b8d2-a54cdf6d93bf">Re: candy table???</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doing one for our wedding in July. I saw the Pittsburgh Candy buffet at a Bridal show this fall.  The prices were really good. I was able to pick out so many different kinds of candy.  The man from the company, Chris, is so nice. He designed really cute boxes for the candy to go in. That is also included in the very reasonable price! Chris says he comes to your venue, and decorates the candy with lights and whatever your theme is. We are getting it tied in with our cookie table. I was able to pick out different colors, lighting, mirrors, and ribbons for the table. I think its going to look great. It is nice too because we are just going to use these candy boxes as our gifts for our guests.  I would google Pittsburgh Candy Buffet. I am so excited!
    Posted by ColletteRogers[/QUOTE]
  • We are having around 150 people.. it was about 400 dollars!!!
  • edited March 2013
    PhotoDerby  Thanks so much for mentioning us! www.thestationerysuite.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards